Natural Disasters

You paced around the apartment for what felt like hours. Biting your nails, cleaning, watching the clock tick, anything to distract you. Hours passed, and in a normal situation, you would've been concerned for the whereabouts of your husband. But the only thought at the forefront of your mind was Robby.

Miguel saw Robby at the LaRusso's.

This was not good.

As night began to fall, you couldn't take it anymore. There was just something wrong, you could feel it in the air. You needed to go to Daniel's house immediately.

Sighing in disbelief of what you were about to do, you put your shoes on and sprinted to the apartment across the way.
•••
"¿Me prestas tu coche por unas horas más?

You stood in the doorway of the Diaz family apartment with your hands intertwined at your chest, begging. Abuela stood on the other side as you desperately asked if you could borrow her car for a few more hours.

"Por supuesto, usted no necesita preguntar," she held a finger in your face. "Pero si planeas ir de compras, será mejor que me esperes." Of course, you don't need to ask. But if you're planning on going on a shopping spree, you better wait for me.

You laughed at her joke and assured her that it was for other intentions. She let you take it of course, and you thanked her endlessly.

The truth was, in all that time spent pacing around your apartment, you thought more about what Carmen had told you. She helped open your eyes to the fact that you couldn't let your anxiety guide you. This was your's and Johnny's adventure, and you were allowed to take your own path at times. That's what made it all the more worth while. What kind of adventure would it be if you just took the easy way out? Robby was Johnny's family, and you knew first hand what it was like to lose family. That was the last thing you wanted for Johnny.

You were tired of keeping secrets. If Robby was really at the LaRusso house, it would be the perfect time to break the news to Daniel. And then from there, Robby could be another supporting beam in the bridge between LaRusso and Lawrence. All you wanted was to exist in harmony, and that freedom was so close you could almost taste it.

But as you pulled up to the LaRusso house, you found no car in the driveway.

You saw the illumination of a light coming from the back end of the house.

The dojo.

You felt yourself get out of the car before you could even think about it. You knew who was back there, you could feel it in your gut. And after the past day without your husband, you had a lot more on your mind besides his whereabouts. He never finished writing that letter to Robby because of Louis and his ridiculous revenge tactics. The least you could do was tell Robby yourself. It was the most important factor in mending their broken relationship.

You calmed your composure as your rounded the bend, holding yourself tightly against the wall as you approached the opening of the dojo. You heard the sharp exhales, and the crisp sound of the air rushing through fingertips. As you snuck a peak in through the door, there you saw Robby, practicing his swift attacks with his eyes shut.

With a smile on your face, you readjusted yourself in the doorway, crossing your arms as you watched. With his eyes still shut, Robby brought his swift movements down to a meditating stance. A smile crept up on his face, and without wavering, he spoke.

"Mr. LaRusso, I wasn't expecting you to be home so early."

"Wow," you teased, "does my aura really feel like a man to you?"

Robby almost lost his balance as his eyes bursted open and he sprung up to a normal standing position. "Mrs. Lawrence," he fumbled, "I'm so sorry, I thought you were-"