二十五

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Chapter 25 ━☂

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ Koharu Village

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚⋆。˚ ⋆

┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆

┊ ┊ ★⋆

┊ ◦

★⋆ ┊ . ˚

˚

 "So, do you like, love kitsunes or something?"

"No—this mask was given to me by my sensei before I left for Final Selection."

Wandering through the open road, the sun cast its evening light down upon the two walking slayers, both of them seemingly in a serious discussion as Sho sailed up ahead calmly flapping his glistening wings.

"Wow! That's so cool! I know someone who also has a kitsune mask—oh, wait, never mind; they used to have a kitsune mask. Now it's gone." Remembering the face of Tanjiro, (Y/n) face brightened, delighted to have met such a delightful youth. Seeing how cheerful (Y/n) looked while talking about this other person, Sabito remained silent, his eyes behind his kitsune mask beaming straight at (Y/n) face as said male continued on talking. "I don't think the two of you have met before, but his name is Tanjiro! Though I like to call him Sunshine-chan! Both he and I first meet in Final Selection, and he seemed really cool! He was nice, friendly, helpful, and just one of the sweetest people ever!" A joyful atmosphere enveloped him as he reminisced about his brief time with Tanjiro. Oh, how he missed him!

Once learning the name of the acquainted slayer, Sabito faltered in his step before immediately recouping his stability, not wanting for (Y/n) to notice. Unfortunately for him, (Y/n) eyes can see all. Turning his head to look at Sabito's masked one (Y/n) questioned: "Is there something wrong, Sabito-san?" Speaking these words with a concerned voice (Y/n) brows furrowed in bewilderment as he watched Sabito sway his head 'no'. Even so, (Y/n) didn't believe him, but he didn't think that he was in any position to ask, so he only nodded his head haltingly and looked ahead.

"If I have to say, the highlight of the entire Final Selection was when this huge multiple-hand demon attacked us—don't worry! We could defeat him in the end. However, others still died because of demon-sama, so it wasn't all that great-"