二十三

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Chapter 23 ━☂

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ Revolution of Memories

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚⋆。˚ ⋆

┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆

┊ ┊ ★⋆

┊ ◦

★⋆ ┊ . ˚

˚

Morning light streamed inside the tidy room as the melody of humming could be picked up from inside a house, its notes soft and airy as it flowed throughout the halls of the Wisteria Home, pacifying the people who resided there as well as Sho who rested on (Y/n) lap, nuzzling his face on (Y/n) stomach as he slipped into a peaceful slumber. Gazing tenderly at the dozing crow, (Y/n) continued humming the ditty that was inscribed in his mind ever since he could remember; perhaps it was a song he had once heard long ago when he was but a child—long before he can recall.

Turning his head to the right once he sensed someone was nearing his room, a cheerful smile spread across his sweet lips as he observed Muichiro walk in with a bowl of miso soup in one hand and a mug of green tea in the other, his eyes clouded with his movements looking more like it was an impulse rather than recognized decisions. "Good morning, Muichiro! I thought you wouldn't come back since it's been about an hour after you left, so I was getting worried about you." Communicating his feelings of concern (Y/n) didn't seem vexed as the indifferent Muichiro arranged the two objects on the bed tray that poised on top of (Y/n) lap, stepping a couple of inches away from him, speedily wandering over towards to the window as he sat down near the opened casement, propping his head on the wooden surface with silence once again occupying the room.

Examining the Hashira in a serene state (Y/n) continued on beaming gently in contentment, pleased that his savior was able to relax even though from what he had just experienced only a few hours prior to this moment. Evidently, the demon that (Y/n) so liberally nicknamed "Ma-chan" was a demon of high ranking—and not just any ranking, for example, Lower Moon Six; but was in the ranking of Upper Moon Two. This slightly chilled (Y/n) once he received the message that he could have certainly perished by Doma's hands; but the fact that he didn't was even more chilling. Just why would Doma allow him to live? Adding to that; also safeguarding him? As many times that he educated Muichiro that all demons have goodwill left inside of them, he just did not listen and instead proceeded on punching him in the head every single time he defended them. He continued telling him how naïve and utterly oblivious he was of the pure nature of the world, but all (Y/n) did was smile at him as he remained on declaring that no one was genuinely evil and that all had good in them. To him, good and evil were always perfectly stabilized in everyone; but occasionally the host would favor one over the other, and there was naturally nothing that could be done about it.