十八

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Chapter 18 ━☂

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ We're the same, but different

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚⋆。˚ ⋆

┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆

┊ ┊ ★⋆

┊ ◦

★⋆ ┊ . ˚

˚

'Did I just get taken out? Both of my other selves got taken out by those two guys!' Rage and confusion swam around the panicked demon's thoughts, his torn-off arms now faded as blood continued spewing out of his open wound. Never in a million years would he have thought he could have been defeated by someone as weak-looking as Tanjiro and (Y/n).

Tanjiro seemed too sweet and gentle to ever detach someone's arms, and (Y/n) looked too kind and soft to ever brutally murder a demon. Well, to him, it was brutal murder since the method of murder was execution. Two kids who looked like angels now had demon blood on their hands.

(Y/n) scanned the area, wary of sensing another unexpected demon to come out and bounce them when their hopes of it happening were low. 'The least I can do is keep a lookout for Tanjiro and Nezuko-chan while they're taking care of him. Though, who am I kidding? Tanjiro will sense them long before I ever could.' Shaking his head softly at the thought, a melancholy gleam crossed his eyes before he promptly pushed the feeling away.

"You give off a scent like rotten oil. It's a horrible smell!" Tanjiro abruptly shouted, his face disgusted as the tip of his sword was well close enough to the demon. Feeling sad for the demon (Y/n) placed a hand on Tanjiro's shoulder. "Tanjiro! Not everyone has a lot of time to take baths, so please, be a little more humane on the guy." (Y/n) pleaded, glancing over at the demon as a look of sympathy crossed his features.

'Is this guy stupid?' The demon thought, a look of pure disbelief on his face as he stared at the worried kid. Noticing that the demon was staring at (Y/n), Tanjiro moved to the left to block his gaze as Tanjiro's glare hardened.

"Don't even think about staring at (Y/n)!" Tanjiro spat, his face hardening as the demon's scent continued to burn his nostrils. "How many people have you killed?!" Tanjiro interrogated him in an angered tone, his handle on the sword tight.