二十四

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Chapter 24 ━☂

❁ཻུ۪۪ ━ ❝ Who are you?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚⋆。˚ ⋆

┊ ┊ ┊ ⋆

┊ ┊ ★⋆

┊ ◦

★⋆ ┊ . ˚

˚

"Thank you Oki-san! I am eternally in your debt for such generous hospitality you have offered me these few hours. I wish we meet again in a much more positive context than in our first encounter; so sorry for having to overload you with taking care of me. Here," With his approval (Y/n) gently gripped the wrinkled hand of the senior and opened his hand, depositing a small bag of seeds on the elder's palm before closing his fingers. "these wisteria seeds have been consecrated in a day's worship by capable monks. These should prove useful against any threat that dares to set foot in your domain." Showing the elder another thankful smile, Oki-san grinned back as he held the back close to his chest, his closed eyes turned into crescent moons as he only swayed his head slightly. "I should be the one thanking you, demon slayer, for protecting humanity in its darkest hour. I have something for you as well." Searching around in his back pocket for a few seconds, Oki-san plucked out a handful of something before putting it on (Y/n) open palm. "Acorns; for good luck on the treacherous journey ahead of you."

Peering down at the items that were carefully given in his hand (Y/n) felt a sunny smile spread across his cheeks as he examined the acorn's polished and smooth surface as it shined under the early morning sun, the cool feeling of the nut flowing across his hands comfortingly. Glancing back up at his senior (Y/n) bowed a proper forty-five degrees as Oki-san did the same, both of them uncoiling up at the same time as they said a final farewell as (Y/n) turned around and departed from Oki-san's sight.

Sighing, Oki-san stared at the vacant spot where (Y/n) used to stand, dismay falling over his face as he didn't dare look behind him to gaze upon the face of the demon.

Silence; and then 'thud'.