CHAPTER 16 ~ Thick Air

Start from the beginning

"ARGH F*CK." He groans. Once he pulls away to look at his bruise, she spits the piece out in front of him, wishing she could wipe my mouth.

"You little... I see. You want to do this the rough way then, hm?" He says while stepping closer again. She looks at him in fear, trying to wriggle her hands out of the belt. Instead of attacking her though, he stops and looks down at his hand.

SKY'S P.O.V.

We remain like this for a few more moments before he looks back up with confusion in his eyes. I look down at his wound and see the blood dripping down onto his carpet. All of the sudden, he grabs me and flips me over removing the belt from my hands. Then when I thought he was going to hurt me, he opens the door and pushes me out, making me fall down hard on the floor. I hear him slam the door behind me as I try to gather myself.

"The hell..." I whimper and look down at my bleeding knees. The carpet has scraped them open.

"Sky?" I hear from across the hallway. I look up and see Damien who hasn't spoken to me the entire day till now. Once I see him I can't help but tear up a little. He wasted no time and runs towards me to help me up. The fact that he talks to me again gives me a reassuring feeling. For some reason I felt so much more lonely than before but he really helps me with that.

"What happened?" He asks concerned. He looks down at my wrists, noticing the bruises from the belt. I can see how worried he is and try to reassure him.

"I'm fine, don't worry. Can't say the same for that cunt, though." I hiss at Ryan's door.

"What do you mean? And why is your mouth full of blood?" He brings me into the kitchen where he pulls out a chair for me to sit down. Then he looks for the first-aid case he bought for me, making me chuckle to myself, "he didn't make you drink your own blood, did he?!"

"What?! NO! No he didn't do that..."

"Okay, good. I was worried that he was going to try out that fantasy with you." Is he serious? Making me drink my own blood? Is that even possible without me throwing it all up? The thought of it makes me feel nauseous so I lean back and take a few deep breaths.

"So why is your mouth bloody then?"

"Hm? Oh I bit off a piece of his finger." I say proud of myself. Damien, on the other hand, looks anything but excited though. He sits down in the seat next to me and wants to reach for my legs.

"May I?" He asks politely. I nod with a smile, finally feeling a little safe now that he is here. He takes my legs into his hands and places them on his lap for my knees to be in his reach. As he starts to disinfect them I jerk a little, the stinging pain making me wince.

"I'm sorry, did it hurt?"

"It's fine. I'm just a pussy." I laugh it off and try to reach for the apple in the middle of the table. But just when I was about to almost grab it, somebody from behind me comes up and snatched it away from me. I look at the person form over my shoulder, seeing that it's Zachary who winks at me with a cheesy smirk on his face.

"Oh, my apologies. You wanted this?" He points at the apple. I roll my eyes at him and draw my attention back to the fruit basket but it was the only one.

"I gotchu." He smirks. Suddenly I feel a hand around me, grabbing my jaw and turning my head towards him. I wanted to protest but as soon as I opened my mouth, he lowered his head close to mine. I thought he was going to press his lips on mine, but he stopped with only inches between our faces. I wanted to ask him what he is doing. However, he didn't need to answer the question anymore. I suddenly feel something touch my lips.