Arc 3: Chapter 11: Meeting You Here

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"He's... he's happy." I answered.

Genny let out a sigh. "I thought as much. When you came to Hogwarts, I was jealous of you. The way he looked at you..." She shivered and clenched her teeth. "I hated it. I wanted you gone. I wanted him to look at me the way he looked at you. I heard the things he said to you. Such words were only there to mask other feelings. To keep up appearances."

"I figured." I interrupted.

"That longing for him... was how the Hound got to me. It promised if I went to the Forbidden Forest, it would rid of you... that was a lie." She clicked her tongue in annoyance. "But that's in the past. I've had the time with this joyful lot and I realise that perhaps you were better for him anyway. He tries for you. He never tries for anyone. I've seen the sadness in his eyes before you came. Point is... treat him well, alright? Or I'll come to haunt you." she threatened and flicked my forehead.

"Ow!" I flinched.

"That's for stealing him from me." she retorted. Then, out of nowhere, she pulled me into a hug. She sniffed deeply as tears left her eyes. "And this is for keeping him safe."

I gradually returned the hug. "I'll always keep him safe."

"You better." We separated and her eyes look determined. "You better go talk to Lionel. He's been waiting a while now."

The last of the five, Lionel MacKenna, waited alone far away from everyone else. When I came toward him, he couldn't figure out where to put his eyes. Should he look at the floor, at me, at the ceiling, at my face? He finally resolved to my face.

"Lionel..." I said, not certain of what to do. I ruined this boy's life and we both knew it.

"Hey." he replied and put his hands in his pockets awkwardly. He was incredibly antisocial. "So..."

"I'm so sorry for... for everything." I let out. It was hard to keep my composure.

"I would be mad but... I've seen what you've been through. You've changed. I hate you for what you did but... not for who you are anymore. You've done more good since then. Plus... I get to see my parents again, so it isn't too bad." he laughed off. "I think I can let what you did go."

He held his hand out for me to take. I took his and we shook it out. The bad air between us was finally gone. Though it felt rushed for Lionel, he wasn't a bad kid. He was just a boy trapped in all the unfortunate incidents of the world and that had made him unable to feel anger for too long. I pitied him.

The prince approached with the same smile on his face. "I see what Ylgind intended is going well. How do you feel?"

"Better, surprisingly." My eyes travelled to the original circle. There were still three lights remaining.

One began to fall down and morph... into a little elf. She hadn't formed fully before I fell to the ground to wrap the elf in a tight hug and tears fell from my eyes.

"Why is Miss Juniper crying?" Utsy asked as she put her arms around my body. "Does she not want to see Utsy?"

"No! The farthest thing from it... Utsy... I missed you. I missed you much." I sobbed uncontrollably. For a time, we were there simply hugging as I cried.

"Utsy is proud of Miss Juniper. Utsy has seen all she has done." she said as she wiped a tear from my face. She had been the light that was continuously staying near to my face to encourage me. She was the one absorbing my sickness.

"I wish you didn't have to die. Utsy..."

Her small hand stayed on my cheek and she made me face her directly. "Utsy is honoured to have died to save Hogwarts and Miss Juniper. But Utsy does not want Miss Juniper to cry because Utsy is gone. Utsy wants Miss Juniper to smile for the time Utsy was there."