"What did he say?" I asked cautiously.

She sighed. "He wants me to come to the baby's gender reveal party next month."

"Are you going?" I asked and she finally looked away from the ceiling her eyes locking with mine. I could see the pain in her dark brown eyes.

"I don't know Gen, I know the baby is innocent in all of this but I don't know if I can," she scoffed. "It's not like Selena is the first woman my dad cheated on my mom with but she was the one he left mom for. Left us for, and I feel like I'll be betraying my mom in some way if I go. You know how badly my mom wanted another baby and he was against it and now he's expected a baby with another woman."

"Well, if you decide to go you know I'll go with you," I told her grasping her hand with mine and linking our fingers together squeezing her hand. She shot me a small smile squeezing back my hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I was walking through campus heading to my morning class. Hainsworth University was built in the eighteenth century it's one of the oldest and most prestigious colleges in the country.

The campus was stunning. It boasted ancient, stately buildings all connected by brick pathways lined with sprawling trees.

One of my favorite parts of the campus was the quad. It was covered in the lush green lawn that was adorned with picnic tables and wrought iron benches. The large sprawling oak, maple, and elm trees surrounding the quad were perfect for shade but also created beautiful fall foliage.

Mia and I loved to come and sit here and take in the scenery while we drank the coffees we purchased from the campus coffee shop that was within walking distance of the quad.

"Gen," I heard someone shout behind me. Coming to a halt I spun around my eyes landing on Eliza who was speed walking in my direction.

"Hey, girl," she smiled stopping in front of me.

"Hey," I returned her smile.

"I'm glad I saw you, I was just about to text you I already texted Mia but she hadn't replied yet," she said fixing her bag strap that was falling from her shoulder before continuing. "My roommate Luna and I are having a small girl's night at our apartment tonight and I'll like for you to come."

My first instinct was to decline and make some kind of excuse as to why I couldn't go like I usually do when people invite me to places.

Seeing my hesitation, Eliza spoke. "Come on Gen, It'll only be a few of us since it's so last minute. It'll be fun we'll watch movies, and drink."

It did sound like it would be fun. It's been a long time since had a girl's night. The only friend I had was Mia and now Brooks.

"Sure I'll come," I found myself blurting out.

Eliza squealed hugging me. "Yay, it starts at 8 I'll text you our address," she said releasing me from her hold.

Saying our goodbyes she walked off in the opposite direction and I continued my walk to class.

After class, I was on my way to the quad to meet Mia for lunch. To stay she was shocked that I agreed to go to Eliza's later without her having to force me to go was an understatement. Hell, I shocked myself.