Annas pov

5 am.
I woke up to the sound of breaking glass downstairs. I grabbed my phone and ran to Sophia's room. I dialled masons number and called. He answered thank god.

Me: Mason there's someone in the house.
Mason: I'll be there soon. Get Sophia. Hide. Please. I love you.

I hung up. I heard heavy footsteps. I called 911. I told them what was going on. They told me police were on their way.

I heard the front door open and closed. I heard a gun shot. Then someone hit the wall then a lot of screaming and then it was quiet besides footsteps. I whimpered. And started to cry. The closet that Sophia and I wear in the door opened. I closed my eyes. To hear a voice. "Anna" it was Mason. I began to cry. "It's all okay. It's all okay" he helped me up than Sophia.

I felt blood on his shirt. He had been shot. "M-Mason. You've been shot!" He soon fell to the ground "m-Mason! Stay with me! Please stay with me. Please" I touched his face "MASON PLEASE. I LOVE YOU!" He reached his weak hand to touch my face. "I love you Anna" his eyes closed.

The ambulance took him away.... I stood there crying holding Sophia. He could be gone. He could be gone. I cried harder. "Is daddy okay?" "I don't know Sophia. I don't know"