Chapter 4: Memories Long Forgotten

Sorry that this chapter is shorter than usual. But I hope you all still enjoy!

_____________________________________

*FLASHBACK*

GURA'S POV

"Wake up, my little shark. It's time for school." A soft voice calls my name as I wake up.

"Nyo. Five more minutes." I say, as I turn around.

I feel hands start to tickle me. I giggle and squirm to get them to stop. "OKAY, I'LL GET UP! STOP MOM!" I say, but she keeps going.

"You have to promise!" She says, laughing.

"I PROMISE, I PROMISE!"

"Okay, my little shark." Mom says as she stops.

A couple minutes later, I swim down the stairs and see my mom and dad.

"Hey there's my little princess!" My dad says, picking me up in his arms.

I giggle. "Morning dad!"

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept amazing on the new bed, before mom woke me up!" I stick my tongue at my mom, she smiles devilishly.

"Do I need to tickle you again?" She taunts.

"NO!"

She laughs and then starts coughing.

"Mom, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just a cold." She says, shrugging it off. "Now hurry and go to school. I'll see you when you get home." Mom and dad kiss my forehead and I swim to school.

After some time, it was finally lunch. I was sitting chatting with my friends when someone spilled their lunch on my head.

"Oops. Sorry shrimpy." A voice said in a joking tone, as his 3 friends join in and laugh. "Why don't you get your maid to clean you up Miss Gawr?"

"CAN YOU KNOCK IT OFF! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU, TROUT? I DIN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!" I snap, and I run away crying.

My friends followed behind me. "Gura! Wait!"

"Why can't I just be left alone by them?" I sob.

"It's okay, don't worry about them. They're just jealous of you." Bao says.

"Yeah, we love you for who you are. Even if people hate you for being royalty, we'll always be your friends." Artemis says.

I wipe my tears away. "Thank you, guys." I hug them

"Gawr Gura?" My teacher swims up to me.

"Oh, Mr. Crill. Am I in trouble?" I ask.

He kneels down. "I don't know how to tell you this but... your mother...she is in the hospital."

I freeze. "That's impossible. Just this morning she was okay."

"You can leave school to go to see her."

Without any hesitation, I swim as fast as I can to the hospital.

After a long swim, I arrive at the hospital and swim to my mother's room. I enter the room just in time to see my mother's life come to an end, as my father cries by her bedside.

I overhear the doctor talking to my father.

"Your daughter being born took a significant toll on your wife's body. This whole time, for thousands of years, she endured the pain, but she just couldn't do it any longer." The doctor said.