①⑨

Narillia Skye DeRose

"hmmmm" I groaned, finally answering my buzzing phone off the nightstand.

"Nari I just know you not still sleep" I heard Zia on the other end.

"what time is it" I said sluggishly with my eyes still closed but the phone pressed to the side of my face.

"finna be 12 get ya ass up we finna go to the courts today" she said.

"for what" I asked, finally opening my eyes and looking behind me when I felt an arm snake around my waist.

I must've forgotten Cato spent the night once again.

"They got sum basketball shit going on and the boys playing in it"She explained.

"aight lemme just get Myself and Niko ready imma be there in bout a hour" I said.

"Meet us at grans house, she coming to" she said.

"alright" I said.

"and hurry yo ass up i'm already knowing you, you better get out the bed when we get off the phone" she said.

"mchtttt i am Zia i'll see you later" I said then hung up.

I turned around and faced Cato as he slept and admired his beautiful face for a second.

"Cato" I said and he didn't budge. I pecked his lips just cause then called his name again.

"Cato wake up" I said, shaking him.

"Wassup" He said finally waking up.

"Don't you have somewhere to be today ?" I asked him.

"Where ?" he asked, sitting up against the headboard after rubbing his eyes.

"The courts, Zia just called me" I said getting out of the bed.

"Shit" he whispered after checking his phone.

"You're about to leave ?" I asked him as I brushed my teeth.

"Yea" he said, sliding his shirt and shorts back on.

"Alright I'll see you there" I said, peeking my head out of the bathroom as he gathered his things.

He came into the bathroom and kissed my forehead, then left.

Some time later

"Zia I am on my way now, i'm literally in the uber please" I said as she fussed at me on the phone.

"You'll be late to yo own damn funeral" She said.

"Girlaaaa, please okay cause you know I don't even be late forreal" I said, rolling my eyes as we got closer to Mimi's house.

"We're about to pull up now, get off my line" I said then hung up the phone.

As we pulled up I saw her walking outside with a mug on her face.

"Thank you" I said, smiling at the uber driver.

"Thank youu !" Niko said cheerfully.

"No problem y'all have a nice day" she said.

"You will never get the chance to treat me like a piece of shit again" Zia said the minute I closed the door.

I busted out laughing, eliciting Zia to laugh as well.

"Hey Zia" Niko said, walking up to her and reaching to be picked up.

"Don't pick him up, I told him after his 5th he isn't getting picked up anymore, you're too old for that Niko" I reminded him.