Narillia Skye DeRose

"alright, be good for Ms.Landon okay" I told Niko while wiping his face off any crumbs from the granola bar he had.

Just like I told Mimi, we were out before she woke up, I left her a note thanking her and letting her know that i'd see her later.

"Nana, I don't wanna go" Niko said.

"Niko stop being difficult, I'll get you McDonald's when i'm come to get you okay, just go in there and be good" I said then kissed his forehead. When I told him I'd get him McDonald's his eyes lit up.

"Okay bye Nana, love you" he said while walking into the building.

When he was fully in, I waited a couple seconds before I turned around and headed to my job, McDonald's.

I'm supposed to be in school but I need the money so I work instead sometimes.

My attendance may be bad but I still maintain good grades. I'll be graduating in two months and I'm practically finished with school so I miss a couple days to get money.

I rode the bus to a stop near my school and walked the rest of the way since my job wasn't far from it.

When I walked in, I was two minutes away from being late so I quickly clocked in. and got to work.

"Oh hey Narillia, when did you get in" Olivia, one of my white co-workers, asked as she came to the front where I was.

"Hey Olivia, and I just got in" I answered, keeping it short.

She nodded and went back to what she was doing.

3 hours and 45 minutes later

"I'll call your number when your order is ready" I told the customer.

"Narillia, somebody's on the phone for you, come to my office" my manager said.

I walked to his office confused trying to figure out who could possibly need me that bad to call my job.

My phone bill isn't paid, I didn't have enough money to pay it this month.

I walked into his office and picked up the phone.

"Hello"

"Yes, is this ... Narillia" somebody asked. The voice sounded so familiar.

"This is she, who's asking ?" I asked.

"This is Ms.Landon, Niko's teacher at the pre school, and i just wanted to inform that he got into an altercation with another student and he says that he wants to go home"

"Oh my god what happened" I asked

"I don't know neither of them will speak but maybe you can get it out of him when you get him"

"Ok thank you so much for calling. I'll be on my way now" I said.

"no problem"

"Um Brian can I take my hour break now please" I practically begged when i walked out of his office and saw him standing at the door.

"Finish this last customer and go ahead, if you're late you're fired" He scolded and I nodded and walked back to the front.

"Number 891" I called out and the customer came and got his food.

"Have a nice day" I said then turned to walk to the back to get my stuff.

I rushed out then walked to the bus stop and waited 5 minutes for the bus.