Chapter sixteen - aw fuck

Start from the beginning

"Tell me all about it! I am bored as shit here," She replies,"I swear people here lose their shit very easily which I guess I can understand but their actions are too much,"

"Oh...what happened?" You asked, curious if what people get angry about and how they get angry.

"Okay so we had lunch right? We go downstairs to the lunchroom and like, this dude starts loosing his shit, I mean he already had a bad attitude but it just got worse!" She explains,"he starts pushing and flipping chairs and table, he punched the ice machine, banged on doors, broke some screen machine, kicked a whole in the wall, it was crazy, he was fucking yelling to get out of here and to go home, I honestly felt bad for him,"

"What the fuck...damn that is crazy," You replied, kinda shocked by this,"are you okay?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine, just had to sit and eat my lunch like nothing was happening," she replies, calmly,"I haven't seen him for the rest of the day though, pretty sure he got booty juiced,"

"Sounds eventful," You say, a little concerned about her being there now cause you think something bad could happen to her. Well, something already bad has happened to her, that's why she's there.

"Yeah, I mean that was only one part of the day nothing else happen," She replies, sighing.

-after 30 minutes of talking-

"Shit, somebody wants to use the phone," Harper says, sounding annoyed,"..I have to go,"

"It's alright, I get it, I'll call you later alright or you call me," you replied, a little disappointed she had to go.

"Yeah, of course! Love you," she replies and then hangs up before you could say it back. You put your phone down and sigh.

I'm still dressed up. You realized as you stood up from the bed and changed out of the clothes, putting in high rise yoga shorts that were a little short but they were very comfortable, and an oversized brown hoodie that made it look like you weren't wearing pants because the shorts are short and the hoodie is oversized.

You head to the restroom, put a head band over your head to get your hair out of your face and start wiping off your makeup with makeup remover. Once you were done, you did your regular skincare routine  then you went and put on fuzzy socks. You walked downstairs. You entered the dining room where you see Alfred working on a cypher that he quickly replaced and hid with a newspaper. You didn't really care for it sense it was none of your business. You then see Bruce, standing across from Alfred, reading a book. He was wearing a black button up shirt that exposed part of his chest. He has a scare....how did he get that. He looks up at you, then scans you up and down.

"Uh....I'm going for a walk....," you started saying, now feeling awkward,"so....I'll be back,"

"Do you want me to come with you?" Bruce asks,"I don't think you should be walking alone at night,"

You shrug.

"I mean, if you want too, it's up to you," you replied. Bruce walks over to you and once again looks you up and down.

"You should change into sweats," He says. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"What? Why? Are you going to pull some shit again, like at the gala," You said, crossing your arms becoming annoyed.

"No! No! It's not for the reason your thinking of now, it's because it's a cold night," Bruce explains,"your legs are going to be icicles, 30 degrees,"

"Oh shit really?" You replied, feeling bad that you reacted the way you did as you took out your phone and checked the weather,"Oh shit your right, it is cold, god damn," Bruce chuckles as you quickly run up to your room and put on sweats over your shorts and then run back downstairs,"There! This is better,"

Bruce hums as you scans your up and down yet again but jokingly. You roll your eyes as you look out the window behind him, seeing the bat signal up. Maybe you'll meet Batman again. That kinda sounds like I want to summon three crazy killer clown me 'again'.

"It's good," Bruce replies with a smile. You smile back.

"Alright then lets go!" You said and begin walking towards the door but noticed that Bruce wasn't walking with you. You turned to face him and see him standing in the same place and frowning. You frowned and walked back over to him,"Changed your mind?"

"Kind of, I just have some work to do I just realized," He replies, looking guilty. You shrugged and smiled,"I'm sorry,"

"It's alright, I understand," You said, reassuring him,"You didn't have to go,"

"Just...have your phone and be safe, don't be out to late, alright?" Bruce says, giving a sweet smile. You nod your head 'yes' in reply as you exit his house and out into the big city.

You walked down the streets. You kept glancing at the bat signal, wondering what Batman is doing and wondering if you'll meet him under different circumstances. Maybe I'll see him fly. You don't know if he can fly or not. Bat can fly so it would make sense if he could fly. Maybe his suit is too hefty. You were wondering too much about Batman now. Why do I care so much about Batman? You ignored your thoughts and just kept walking. You made sure you walked on paths that you knew so you didn't get lost, like last time.

You head to the park, walking down the pathways. It was quiet at night, in the park. Nobody was around, except for homeless people. Mainly kids were screaming, chasing each other, people feeding ducks, old people just being old, etc. It was honestly kinda nice having the park to yourself, though it was kinda creepy at night. You stopped and inhaled deeply, smiling to yourself. You enjoyed the smells of the trees and the cold. You looked up at the night sky, seeing the stars. The stars are beautiful. Suddenly, your moment was ruined as someone grabbed you and put a cloth over your mouth. You started panicking as you kicked and thrashed around in this person grasps, trying to escape but the person had a tight grip. You screamed but it was muffled. Tears begin to fill your eyes, scared for your life. I CANT FUCKING DIE LIKE THIS!! You thought as you blacked out and became unconscious.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

woooo sorry I haven't been posting much. I haven't been motivated but THANK YOU SO KUCH FOR 3K!! Yes I will be thanking you all every time cause I appreciate it and it's important to me.
The story that Harper explained is based on a true story that happened to me. Lmao.
Anyways! Thank you for reading! I hoped you enjoyed! Have a wonderful day/evening/night!! :))

Song of the day: cry by cigarettes after sex