Chapter eight - pay attention to the road!!

You both walk back to Bruce cars. Three bags in his hand, two bags in your hands. You got more than you thought you would and so did he.

He walks ahead of you so he can open the car door for you, again. He struggled a bit as he got it open. You say thank you as you sit down, putting the bags in back seat. He shut your door and walked around to the driver side. He was struggle with opening the door. My god he's really bad at this. You thought as you reached over and opened the door for him.

"Thank you," He says, a little embarrassed as he sits down and puts his bags in the backseat.

"Your welcome," You replied and changed the subject as he closed the door,"We bought more than we thought, huh?"

Bruce shrugs.

"Yeah but it was fun," He replies with a smile as he starts the car,"Plus we both go some new swag clothes,"

You burst out laughing as he drivers out of the parking lot and to your apartment building.

"Swag?" You ask,"oh my god,"

"What? Is it not swag?" Bruce asks, also laughing a bit,"you told me the clothes I got were swag? Are they not?"

"No no! I just...I'm sorry," you say, trying to hold back laughter so you can talk normally,"I just never heard you use 'swag' before and thought it was funny,"

Bruce laughed as you laughed. He soon stopped and just starred at you while you wiped the tears that emerged from your eyes from laughing so hard. You made eye contact and then turned your eyes on the road.

"BRUCE YOUR MERGING INTO SOMEONE!!" You yell, pointing out the window. Bruce immediately turned his eyes to the road as turned the wheel roughly to the left, jerking the car while hearing a honk.

Your body was harshly jerked back and fourth and then sat normally in your seat as he death gripped the handles of the seat. You were panting from panic and fear as you turned to Bruce he was too. He was panting, clearly in a panic, while keeping his eyes on the road and death gripping the wheel.

"You okay?" He asks, his voice shakey.

"Ye-yea," You reply, nodding your head slowly. You hesitantly let go of the handles of your chair and relaxed back in your seat,"are you?"

"Yeah, yeah totally," Bruce replies, still trying to process. You nod your head and notice he is still death gripping the wheel.

"Don't death grip the wheel now," You point out as he quickly realizes and relaxes his grip on the wheel.

"Right sorry," He says, looking still in a panic.

"It's alright Bruce," You say, thinking of something to say that would lighten the mood,"How bout we stare at our crushes when we're parked and not driving,"

Bruce's eyes grew wide and his face turned red as soon as you said that. He didn't say anything, he just adjusted in his seat and focused on the road. HA! GOTTEM! You thought to yourself, proud of yourself you made him flustered but now he won't speak. The man was too stunned to speak. You tried holding back your laugh at the jokes you were making in your head.

The rest of the drive to your apartment was silent. You didn't mind it sense you enjoyed just being in the company of someone you liked. You would glance over at Bruce a couple of times and see his cheeks were still red and he was trying oh so hard to hold back a smile. So that mean he was good.

He parks in front of your apartment building and turns to you.

"Hey," he says, his voice soft but serious. You turn to him, raising an eyebrow,"Thanks for today, I had fun,"

You felt your heart warm up as he said that.

"I did too," You replied, smiling,"We should do this more often,"

He nods in agreement as you exit the car, closing the door and then opening the backseat to grabs your bags. You then close that door and wave goodbye as he drives off. You sighed as you entered the building and walked of the stairs to your apartment.

Once you entered your apartment, you slipped off your vans and checked the time on your phone. 4pm, damn. Harper isn't home yet and you were really hoping she would so you could put on a fashion show with your new clothes. But it doesn't matter, she'll be home in an hour so you'll get to show her than. You walk to your room and open the door. You set the bags down on top of your bed and took the clothes you got plus some accessories and a pair of shoes. The clothes were obviously the creamy tan trousers, a white soft turtleneck slim sweater, and a bevy blue v-neck button up shirt, with ruffles at the end of the sleeves. For accessories, you got a black belt with a gold buckle, rings, earrings, and necklaces. And for sure just some leather black dress shoes. You were all set for the gala and it wasn't too expensive.

You started at the things you set out and thought. You put on the outfit plus the accessories and shoes. You walked to your full body mirror and checked the outfit on you. The belt definitely made these pants look better. You thought, actually enjoying the outfit and yourself. Bruce hasn't seen the full outfit put together. You smiled to yourself as you grabbed your phone and put the camera up facing the mirrors as you posed. You positioned your phone to cover your face as you tried to get a full body pic of you in the outfit in the mirror. You snap the picture, looked at it and then opened up messages.

Messages:

You:
*picture sent*

Bruce:
Wow
Looks amazing

You:
Thank u :)
Learned from the best

Bruce:
You give me too much credit

You:
You don't give yourself enough credit >:/

Bruce:
*liked a message you sent*

End

You were smiling to yourself while reading the messages. You are done bad y/n. You thought and cringed at yourself.

"Whatever," you said to yourself as you changed out of the outfit. You thought for a moment and picked up a pair of underwear and your sweats and sweatshirt. You walk to your bathroom, drop your clothes on the floor and started the shower.

———————————————————————————

I think, I'll actually finish a FF for once in my life. I have a whole plan and shit and yea. I think this going to go good. Im confident!! Hopefully I stay that way.
Anyways, thank you all for reading!! :)) hoped you enjoyed!!

Some of the day: Perfume by Lovejoy