"wassup, you alright?" i asked her and she nodded.

"i'm okay." she said in response.

"you sure?" again, she nodded but didn't give a verbal response.

i didn't push the conversation anymore because at least she was out of bed and i was grateful for that.

"i made you somethin to eat, it's in the microwave. i'm going out with cartier," she told me.

"where?" i asked while grabbing the plate.

"her doctors appointment, it's a check up for the baby. dee was gonna go but he got caught up at work," she said and i nodded, thank the heavens for cartier.

"awe okay, they supposed to find out the gender soon ain't it?"

"yeah, she really want a lil girl." she said and smiled again before looking at me, "would you wanna try for a baby soon?"

i damn near choked on my food, "hmm?"

"you heard me, would you wanna try for a baby soon?" she repeated.

i shrugged, "i mean, but not right now."

"obviously, but i've been thinkin a lot about it." she said.

"why? not sayin it's a problem but you know, how come?" i asked her.

"i wanna have somethin to live for," she said and it came out really low, but loud enough for me to hear.

"ion like when you say shit like that cause you got a whole lot ta live for, startin with yourself." i said and felt my face bawl up.

"it's the truth though, you know i ain't been feeling my best self and yeah i live for myself; for you even. but i wanna give it to someone else, i wanna give them the experience i didn't get to have." she expressed and her shoulder dropped while she leaned up against the counter.

i got up from my spot and walked over to where she was, taking her in my arms and pressed a kiss to her neck before speaking, "you will, but first we gotta make sure you straight."

"before anything you gotta put yourself first," if i didn't know one thing, i did know how selfless santana truly was.

it was a trait that i both loved and hated because how could you possibly never think about yourself? i can relate, but then again how could you expect to give happiness and life to others when you have none for yourself? sometimes it's okay to be a little selfish.

"i know." she muttered before hugging me once more and we parted, partially because i was still holding her hips.

"i love you."

"i love you too."

|
|

|
|

||