"There are appropriate clothes for skating, and it would be unfair if ako lang ang magpapalit hindi ba/" sabi nito at saka ngumisi. "Don't worry, I only wore it once."

I go inside their comfort room to change my clothes. Tiningnan ko ulit ang t-shirt na hinagis niya sa akin. It was a yellow shirt with a minimal design on the front saying Alcatraz. On the back of the shirt was a big skull touched with orange hues complimented by a dripping font saying 'prisoners of the mind'. So I assume he likes graphic shirts, eh? Luckily, I am wearing sweatpants, I no longer need to change my bottom clothes.

Nang makarating kami sa mall, it was not really crowded. Restaurants are somehow full though, and the lines in the cashier are long. We're not that hungry so we skipped them and went to the third floor instead, where the ice rink is located.

The rink was somehow elevated from the floor. It was wide enough to be occupied by numerous of people with various ages. Four clear glass walls separates the room for skating and also for those who are just passing by.

Pumunta kami sa staff kung saan magbabayad ng entrance fee. Kids ages 7-12 should be accompanied by guardians, they are not allowed at the center of the rink where adults are mostly skating freely. But Pluto and I are not kids anymore, that's why we don't need guardians. The ticket costs us 300 pesos each, it's for all day skating. Medyo mahal pero mukhang sulit naman kung magtatagal ka sa loob. I didn't expect that Pluto's hobby will cost this much. Isipin mo na lang kung weekly siyang pumupunta rito. Maybe that's why he chose the empty skate park at the village instead the ice rink here in the mall.

Nang makapagbayad na kami, binigay na sa amin ang locker number naming dalawa kasama ang susuoting ice skates.

"Lagi ka bang pumumunta rito?" tanong ko kay Pluto na siyang naghuhubad ng sapatos.

"At least thrice a month," he answered. "Mahal eh."

"Mahal nga."

"Oo mahal."

"Kaya nga mahal." Sa hindi malamang dahilan biglang naging awkward and atmosphere sa paligid namin. Kaming dalawa lang ang nasa loob ng locker room kaya naman tumahimik nang wala nagsalita sa amin. Hanggang sa bahagya siyang tumawa. 

I disregard what the awkwardness of the atmosphere and pretended to adjust the laces of the skates. I can saw Pluto from my peripheral fixing his hair.

He cleared his throat, "Mahal?"

I don't know what's gotten into me when I immediately turned my head to him. It was too late when I realized. Tinawanan niya lang ako. "Tara na, mahal. Skate na tayo, mahal." We both left the room with a silly grin plastered on Pluto's face.

He handed me a jacket before we could enter the ice rink. I bet it was cold inside to ensure the condition of the solid ice floor. There were staffs inside, ensuring that the situation inside is under control.

Mouth open, my eyes automatically roamed in the white wide rink. People on their skates showing off their raw skills on the center, beginners on the side, practicing the basic, and some who's resting on the side benches.

I was trying so hard balancing myself as I took my first step. Legs in an inverted v shape, arms spread, body unsteady. I was lucky that Pluto was just behind to guard my back. "Dahan-dahan lang," he advised.

"Is the rink made of real ice?" I asked, amazed.

"It sure is." Pluto sneered.

"It's like a giant popsicle." I crouch on my legs, hands touching the ground. I was right, it was cold. "Can I lick it?" I asked jokingly.