Ni

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

I am one of the people you call bakla, bading, salot, gay. I didn't know when did it began. All I can remember is one day, Astra caught me wearing her dress and hair clips, dancing in front of the mirror. After that she confronted me about it and I was just seven years old back then, who didn't know what bakla is since I don't play with other kids like my sister. I never know that people are obsessed about labels.

My parents didn't know about this. And I'm thankful that Astra understands that I'm not ready yet to come out to our parents. But it was hard, to keep it to myself especially in front of them. I'm sure they notice my actions, but they didn't confront me like Astra did. Maybe they think that their son is just a softie, when the truth is their son is gay.

One of the disadvantages of not coming out is the expectations of our relatives to introduce girls to the family. They usually tease me about it during family gatherings and I'm so sick about it. Kadalasan pa, kapag sinabi kong wala pa akong nagugustuhan, sila pa ang maghahanap ng babae para sa akin. It's just not right. Kung pwede lang sabihin sa kanila na hindi ako interesado sa babae, maiintindihan kaya nila?

My phone suddenly rang out of the blue and it startled me. Only to find out that it was Astra who's calling. "Gising ka na ba?"

Nakakatanga naman yung tanong niya.

"Sa tingin mo?" tanong ko pabalik.

"Get your ass down here, may bisita ka." And with that, the call ended.

Bumangon ako para maghilamos at saka nagsipilyo ng ngipin. Nakakahiya naman kasing humarap sa bisita nang may muta pa sa mata at mabaho pa ang hininga. Matapos ay saka ako bumaba.

I can't think of someone who will visit our home just to see me. Since at the first place, I don't have a lot of friends.

But I know someone who usually crash our place without notice.

Papalapit pa lang ako sa living room ay kitang-kita ko na ang matingkad na kulay ng buhok ng isang babae na masayang nakikipag-usap ay Astra habang nanonood ng movie sa TV.

"Oh, ayan na pala si Luigi." Lumingon sa akin ang babae at saka ko nakompirma ang hinala ko.

Those big and bright eyes are familiar to me. Her choice of clothes doesn't change at all. She likes to wear revealing clothes. And her smile that others find it adorable, well not for me, I just find them lively... and quite annoying.

"Lora," I called her name. Mabilis itong tumayo at saka nagtungo sa direksyo ko para yumakap.

"Luwi!" She jumped into me and we nearly lost balance. Lora is a childhood friend of mine back in out last residence. Obviously she's the total opposite of me. Her energy radiates and attracts, no wonder she can easily befriend anyone. Hindi katulad sa akin since siya ay pinakilala ng kamag-anak namin, they assumed that we're automatically friends after that.