Roku

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

Pluto and I became closer as the days goes by. He always fetched me at home and we'll walk Klio at the park. Sometimes we watch movies together and I somehow influenced him to like animes and mangas. Last time we watched Howl's Moving Castle at their house because he said he's curious why the girls are insanely into Howl even though he's a bird.

"Maybe because he's a gentleman?" I said, unsure.

He picked a popcorn from the bowl and tossed it into his mouth. "How? He's a narcissist! He uses his magic to make him look more attractive."

"That's the point of the story. Howl is obsessed with looks and physical beauty but he fell in love with Sophie even though she's cursed to look old." I explained, drinking the pink lemonade we bought earlier. "I think she helped him realize that beauty doesn't just lie on the outside but inside the soul of a person."

"I prefer Sophie, she's cute and strong."

 Of course you prefer Sophie, she's a woman. I controlled myself not to say those words.

"All Hayao Miyazaki's female leads are strong."

"But Sophie saved Howl's life. Parang siya yung nagbuhat ng kwento, if you were to ask me."

"Howl had a major role too."

He turned to me, from lying on the couch, he raised and sat. "Don't tell me you're a Howl simp."

[ Simp - someone who does way too much for a person they like.]

"I like Calcifer, he's cute."

"But he's a male," he asked confused. As what's his point?

"Calcifer is a fire, fires don't have gender... as well as love." Voice fading, it feels like my throat was scratched by Howl's long finger nails, making it difficult to speak.

In an instant, the room filled with an awkward silence. Hindi ko alam kung paanong napunta sa gender ang usapan namin maging hanggang sa love. When we're just arguing about Howl earlier. 

Pluto cleared his throat. "I think we should get going. The malls are probably open now."

Tumayo siya at saka umakyat sa taas ng kanilang bahay. Leaving me alone with the end credits of the movie, realizing it's cringe. 

He invited me to go to the mall and try skating on ice. Sinabi niyang doon siya nag-ensayo dati noong maliit pa. He said he's going to teach me so that I can join the figure skating since I don't have anything to do for the rest of the break.

Nang makababa si Pluto, nakabihis na ito. He's wearing a gray shirt, printed with the name of the brand oxgn, paired with black pants and his white shoes. He tossed me something and when I look what is it, it's a yellow shirt.