"The kid told me to put these on the saints and to Mary."

"Yes, you should. And you should also toss a coin into the fountain and wish."

"Hindi ba sa well 'yon?"

Pluto chuckled, "It doesn't matter, as long as there's water, you can toss a coin and wish." He wrapped his hand around my shoulders and dragged me.

The skies are still clear blue for summer. Sun scorching above, heat licking our skin as sweat runs from my back. I wished I brought an umbrella with me or even just a hat.

The well wasn't alone. It was surrounded with people that holds different stories. Like the old couple who's sitting next to each other while laughing, eyes almost close, smiles ear to ear, tiny giggles that seems they were still young. Another couple, on their twenties, was also standing not far from the fountain. The woman was wearing a bright yellow dress with a puffed sleeves, eyes closed, as well as hand holding the coin she was about to toss. The man right behind her is wearing a gray polo shirt, smiling while looking at his girlfriend, I suppose.

It seems that the fountain is for couples only, to wish for their strong relationship, faithfulness or some sort of happy endings. I don't know what's cringe, from my envious mind wanting to have what they have, or by looking at them that lets me feel out of place.

"What's the matter? Bakit hindi ka pa naghuhulog?" tanong ni Pluto. He's already holding a five-peso coin on his right hand.

When he saw the couples, he just shrugged and held me by the shoulders to follow him near to the fountain. "Are you sure about this?" I asked him. "It looks childish."

He looked at me, "Does it matter? I mean, we're still young, old enough to be called a child." He giggled. "Besides, we're not the only one doing it. So, let's do it. Do you have a coin?"

I showed him a ten-peso coin. Ito yung sukli ko kanina sa pagbili ng kalatsutsi dun sa batang business-minded. I observed Pluto, he just closed his eyes and then whispered something to the coin before bouncing it into the water. I am not dumb to not know how wishing well works. I was just hesitating to do it.

When Pluto opened his eyes, he was confused why I'm still holding my coin. So he urged me to do it too. I have no choice to close my vision, thinking of something I could wish for, and tossed the coin into the water without opening my eyes.

Bravery, acceptance and growth.

I heard a small blob in the water, sign that the coin is already sinking on the fountain's basin.

It was really childish. I can't deny that. But there's a part inside of me hoping that somehow, that fountain has magical powers to grant each of our wishes. Even just one. So that hopeless hearts can seek a tiny reek of light.

Pluto invited me to come over to their house. I can't say no when he said that his aunt is already expecting us there. I texted my parents that I may not be home for some hours, but they just told me to enjoy. Hindi ko alam kung anong iniisip nila, hindi naman kami mag-a-outing ni Pluto.

"Kumain na ba kayo? Naghanda ako ng almusal. May egg pie rin diyan, kumain lang ng kumain. Huwag mahihiya. Nagkakape ka ba Luigi?" tanong ni Aunti Gina. She's Pluto's Aunt, she said I could call her that.

"Gatas po," I answered. Milk is good for the bones. I would always prefer milk than coffees or even teas.

She excused herself to prepare our warm drinks. We're left in the table full of food. Pluto was already eating while I am puzzled what I would eat first. There are sausages, eggs, bread, pies, cookies and other different sweets. I already ate in the house before we left, but I think it's rude to refuse this knowing that Auntie Gina prepared this for us.