Jungkook felt his throat go dry at the sight of her and his mind go blank. No word could make it past his throat, no sound would escape his lips. Swallowing, Jungkook nodded his head.

Heiran's mouth hung open. She looked around the room, her eyes blinking in incredulity.

Now's the time, JK. He urged himself, Tell her. Stop gawking like a fool and talk! But Jungkook was finding it to be a rather onerous task. "Ah... So, I—"

"Do you like me?"

He felt his heart almost stop again. Straight to the point as always. That was so Ahn Heiran of her. But now that had messed up all his plans. How was he supposed to answer her? This wasn't how he had planned this to go.

At his prolonged silence, she folded her arms and shifted her weight to one foot, her waist swinging to a side as a look of annoyance flamed in her eyes. "Or was all of this an elaborate prank of you and your friends? Call them then. Where are they?" She looked back to the door as if she expected Taehyung and Soekjin to pop in at any moment, "Tell them Ahn Heiran is f*cking pissed! Kim Taehyung? Kim Seokji—"

"I like you."

The evening stars blinked from the dark blue skies and the distant hum of crickets filled the silence of the room. The moon was bright and full, shining gloriously in its entirety. Its shine made her dazzle like a fairy as Heiran stopped, her cocoa-brown eyes growing large in evident surprise. "W-what?"

Maybe she saw it in his eyes or heard it in his voice. She seemed to gradually realize that he had been serious. Her lips parted in realization. "W-why..." She whispered.

He fumbled to find the right answer. Why? Was that even a question? But Heiran was intently awaiting his answer; he knew he had to find one soon. If he messed this up, he could never possibly get another chance.

"I... I don't ...have a reason." Jungkook winced. Even he could tell that was such a pathetic answer. He didn't have to see the Statue of David's dead unimpressed gaze to know that.

Heiran's eyes drifted down to the floor, her hands falling to her side as she examined her converses as if they were the most curious thing in the world. Jungkook followed her gaze, beginning to feel his nerves rising at her silence. She didn't have to say it. He had messed up. This was a failure. Once again, Kim Taehyung's plan had been a flop. There was no more hope left for him. He might as well say goodbye to his whole life, go dig a six feet deep grave, and die there, wallowing in his misery. At what god-forsaken time had he thought Kim Taehyung's advice was a great idea? Why the heck had he thought he even stood a chance—

"Give it here."

Jungkook re-emerged from his internal panic to find her holding out her hand. He blinked at her palm, unable to comprehend what she had said. When he frowned confusedly at her request, she pointed at the bouquet of red Tulips he clutched. "That. Isn't that for me?"

Dumbfounded, Jungkook looked up at her eyes, unable to believe his ears. Had Heiran meant what he thought?

The sly smile that soon gradually blossomed on her lips confirmed all that he wanted to know.

Kim Taehyung's plan hadn't flopped. It was a huge, super, mega-hit success!

Jungkook felt his heart flare and his spirits soar. His lips broke out into the widest grin he had ever made and Ahn Heiran laughed at the way he lit up, her laughter ringing in tinkling echoes.