Chapter 5

The next I reached office an hour early to check all the piled up work of the last week as we were not present

The next I reached office an hour early to check all the piled up work of the last week as we were not present. I brought myself a strong coffee to keep me up for the busy day. Reaching my cabin I saw that my boss is already there and was checking something on laptop. Looking at the coffee in my hands I thought of something and knocked on his door.

Abhik "Come in"

"Good morning boss".

Abhik "Good morning, you are early to the office".

" You are too".

He just a gave a smile and continued with his work. Reaching his table I forwarded the coffee cup making him look at me.

"You will need it".

Abhik" Thanks".

I left his cabin and started to check the mails and preparing his schedule.
It was quickly lunch time and I did not bring my box today. It will be trouble for maa to prepare box for only my sake getting up early. So thinking of taking something from cafeteria I got up but a peon knocked on my cabin door.

After giving him permission he entered with a takeaway box.

"I did not ordered it baiyya".

Peon: "It was delivered in your name only Mam".

Thinking who might ordered, I turned towards my left side feeling a strong gaze on me from Boss's cabin to see that he was already looking at me and gestured me to take the box. Slightly nodding, I took the box thanking the peon.

My phone beeped with a message from Boss.

" Have it, there is your favourite in it. May be this will make your Monday little better".

Sending him a thankyou message I gave him a smile looking at him and sat on my chair. Opening the box, my whole cabin filled with the aromatic smell of rajma chawal. Looking my favourite I gave a full blown smile to him who just chukled and resumed his work. I started to attack my lunch and savoured every bite, damn what a taste. While having lunch my thoughts went to the years when I joined this company and first year I spent here.

Flashback (nearly 4 years ago):

Today was my second interview. Shivji please be with me today. After praying to God, I got ready for the day and reached my college. This is my second interview after I lost my first interview in the last round. I prepared well for this and I am going to give my best. Repeating this mantra in my mind I started towards auditorium where we are asked to gather.

Till now 2 students were called for interview and my number was 5 , so it will atleast take an hour for my turn.
Thinking this I went towards washroom for nature call. While returning I saw a man searching the rooms. Thinking that he might be for interview from other college, I thought of helping him.