"Holy shit." I breathe out.

"Yep. Now, get the fuck out there and go have a conversation with her like a decent human being. You've been slowly falling for her for six goddamn months and don't even try to deny it. I'm your best friend, you can't fool me. And I get it, I truly do, you two would look good as fuck together. What I don't get, however, is why the hell you don't want to introduce yourself. You're charming, handsome, funny, athletic and popular. And now we know she's available. Probably, at least. So get the fuck walking, buddy."

Even though his words boost my confidence like they always have, I still find my palms getting sweaty and I panic. "Right now?"

His green eyes turn hard and he clenches a fist. "You either start walking or you get a black eye. Choose."

"Alright, alright. I'm going." I shoot up and run my hands through my black hair, then curse myself because it probably looks messy as shit right now.

Slowly walking towards the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, my heart pounding loud enough that I can hear it, I watch as she waves goodbye to a girl before resuming her conversation with another.

Damn, should I tap her shoulder or something? That'd be rude as fuck. I should wait until she's done talking.

Shit, I shouldn't have listened to that dick, because now I'm standing a few feet behind her, staring at her back like a goddamn stalker.

I'm about to say fuck it and walk back to my shithead of a friend when she suddenly turns around, already walking before her whole body is in my direction and slams right into me. Hot liquid burns through my shirt but I couldn't care less. Because she's talking to me.

"Shit, I'm so, so sorry. Are you okay? I totally ruined your shirt. Damn, I'm such a klutz." Her angelic, soft voice rushes the words out as she moves her fingers up and down my shirt in a weak attempt to wipe some of the liquid off. I try to remind myself that I should probably talk back like a normal person but she's looking at me, talking to me, and touching me. I'm in so much fucking trouble. "I'm really sorry."

"It's alright. Don't worry about it." I clear the awkwardness out of my throat and give her a smile. She smiles back at me and I'm a fucking goner. "I actually wanted to speak with you if you have a moment."

"Oh?" Her beautiful, big gray eyes widen in surprise and she looks behind her where a group of three girls are leaning against a car looking impatient as they chat. Looking back my way, once again she grants me the kind of smile that can lighten up a damn room before she shyly nods her head. "Sure."

Despite the loud rythm of my beating heart, I know that I can do this. Because I have all of her attention and she's looking so damn beautiful today, like a true angel sent from the heavens. I'd be the luckiest fucker in town if she says yes. And in the goddamn planet if this goes as planned and we start dating.

"So, I was wondering if you'd like to gr---" A high pitched voice cuts me off as one of her friends summons her over.

"Elle, we're gonna be late. Hurry up!" A redhead shouts.

"Get your butt here already, jeez!" Another girl with black hair beckons her over.

My angel sends them a silent glare before turning her attention back to me. "I'm really sorry. They can be quite rude sometimes. Don't mind them, please. You were saying?"

Even though I'm fucking glad that she didn't ditch me as soon as her friends interrupted us, I'm still nervous as shit.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go ou--" Once again, I'm fucking interrupted, this time by Andrew, one of my teammates.

"Dude, we're so fucking late! What the hell are you still doing here? I thought I'd get my ass kicked alone." He grabs my arm in panic. "Coach is gonna kill us!"

Shit! We have practice, and our coach is not a man we can bullshit our way with. And I'm the damn captain, which means I should've been in my uniform and on the field ten minutes ago.

"Fuck, I'll be right there." I nod and he rushes towards Tyler who gives him a glare that I'm sure would make the poor guy shit his pants.

A soft giggle brings my attention back to the beautiful angel in front of me as she shakes her head. "Seems like we're both pretty busy."

"Yeah." Just my fucking luck. "I'm really sorry, but I'll catch you later, right?"

She looks a bit hesitant before she gives me a small smile and nods her head. "Sure."

"Alright. I'm sorry again, but we'll talk soon. I'll make sure of it. Bye, Elle." I promise with a smile before rushing my way towards Tyler who scowls at me as he picks up his gear.

"Fucking pussy." He spits.

"I'll talk to her tomorrow, I promise. We have a lecture together tomorrow morning, and I'll be better prepared." I plan, hopeful and excited, because for the first time in six months I've talked to my angel.

Only I didn't know I wouldn't get a second chance so easily.