Suspicious

*Zonnique's P.O.V.

It's been a week since the whole C thing, which means it's been a week since I've seen Ray Ray. I mean, seriously, it has been a week. I haven't even seen him at school. He's been there, but I'm allowed to see him. My mother, my oh so wonderful mother, told my teacher to make sure I don't contact with him. Guess what else? My mom also took away my laptop AND my phone. So, basically, it all come downs to this: I have absolutely no social life. I'm allowed to call Chynae and talk to her for 10 minutes a day. We still see each other at school... barely. We only have one class period together. Yes, this does suck.

I heard my alarm clock go off, so I got out of bed and did the usuals; shower, eat, hair, makeup, clothes, blah. I dropped Jaslyn off at daycare then drove the rest of the way to school. I walked into the school and Chynae rushed up to me.

"Niq Niq!"

"Oh, hey Bahja." I said dull.

"Have you checked your grades lately?"

"No... it's been a week." I said, even though I had been doing alot of extra credit work to get that C up.

"Ugh... I it feels like it's been a year! I need someone to talk to."

"You've got Manny." Manny's her boyfriend.

"I know, but I still need my best friend." I sighed.

"Yeah, I know. Hey, how's Ray? I only get to talk to him at lunchtime now." She tilted her head to the left, motioning me to look over there. I saw Ray standing by Tori's locker. They were talking and laughing. I suddenly felt a knot inside of me. Was it anger? Jealousy? I sighed. I don't know.  

      *Ray's P.O.V.

Man. You know, I never realised how funny and cool Tori was. I felt sort of like I was betraying Zonnique, though. I mean, but the teachers nor her mother will let us be together... and she sure seems like it doesn't bother her. The bell rang.

"I'll see you around, Ray." Tori said, closing her locker.

"Uh, yeah. Later." I said, then waved. I pulled my homework out of my bag and checked it over. I was walking when I bumped into someone. Bahja.

"Watch where you're- oh, hey, Ray." She said, while half-smiling.

"Hey. So how have you and Nique been?"

"I'm fine. She's fine. Yourself?"

"I've been better, I guess."

"Sad that you can't see Zonnique?"

"Yeah..." I said. It just really makes me sad because I don't want to just drift away from her. I mean, we've been together for almost two years now. That's just too hard to let go.

"Well, lucky for you, I happen to have an idea." She said. My head shot up.

"What?"

"Well, since it's Friday, I can call Zonnique tonight and ask her if she wants to go out to the movies or something. Then, you and Manny can tag along... see where I'm going?" I nodded my head in agreement.

"Yeah, that is, if her mother will let her."

"Ah, there's my other plan. We get her mother some coupons or something to dinner."

"You know, you're a genious." I said. She smiled and patted my arm.

"I know." She said. She walked into her class and I walked to mine, which I had with Tori. As soon as I walked in the door, Tori was motioning me to sit next to her.

"Ray!" She said. I walked over to her and sat down.

"Yeah?"

"Sit by me."

"Uh, okay." I said. She started flipping through her binder, then sighed.

"Ugh, shoot. I didn't get my homework done. Could I borrow yours?"

"Well, I don't know-"

"Please?" She pleaded. I sighed. I pulled my homework out and handed it to her.

"Alright. Just don't get caught-"

"Ray, Tori?! You know there's no cheating in my class..." Crap. Mr. Josh walked over to us and grabbed my homework and hers. He put two big, fat zero's on them then threw back at us.

"Think before you act next time."

"Sorry, sir." Tori said. I just sat there. He walked away.

"Tori.." I whined.

"Sorry Ray." I turned away from her and started working on my assignment. Soon, she passed me a note.

"Ray, I don't mean to be rude by asking, but do you have a girlfriend?" Wow. Please tell me she's not trying to ask me out.

"Uh, yeah. I kinda do." I wrote, then passed it back to her. I heard her mumble something.

"Hm?"

"Oh, nothing." She said, then smiled. Suspicious... ~

 ___________________________________________________________________________

Comment Vote :)