I banged on the window urgently, I didn't think at that moment of anything else other than getting to Mila. I didn't even notice who drove, I was too consumed by worry to even care at that moment. 

"Mila!" I pulled at the door handle until it finally unlocked. 

I flung the door open and stuck my head inside. "Mila?" I held her hands and gently pushed them off her ears. "Baby, open your eyes, you're safe, I'm here."

Mila slowly opened her eyes and I saw nothing but fear and horror in them. Bloodshot from crying, her eyes widened and her lips parted. "M-mitch?"

I pushed her hair aside and examined her face to make sure there were no physical injuries. "Are you alright?" 

Mila gulped and more tears rolled down her eyes. I was glad she wasn't injured but it hurt to see her in such a state, her hands trembled and her lips quivered as she reached for me. "Y-you're here?"

I nodded and was ready to undo her seatbelt to get her the hell out of that fucking car but it was at that moment, that I noticed who sat behind the wheel. 

Leo.

I couldn't remember the last time rage run through every nerve in my body. I ground my teeth together, curled my fingers into fists, and glared at the son of the bitch who drove so fucking recklessly with my Mila in the car.

I abruptly moved away from Mila and rushed over to the other side. I flung the door open and Leo didn't resist as I pulled him out of the car and threw him against the hood. Before Leo could get up, I grabbed him by the collar, used every ounce of strength I had, and punched him in the jaw. 

I punched him twice and didn't care that he didn't resist, I wanted nothing more than to kill the bastard for putting Mila's life at risk. My blood boiled in anger, I felt my temperature go up and my temples pulsed. My hand stung from punching Leo's jaw but I didn't care, he had no fucking right to do that to Mila. 

I pulled my arm back with force, ready to break his fucking face but Mila gripped my forearm. "Mitch, stop!"

I didn't care, my sole focus was to break every fucking bone in Leo's body. "Mitchell!" Mila dug her nails into my skin and used all her strength to pull me back. 

My breath came in pants and if I didn't glance at Mila's scared face, I wouldn't have stopped until Leo was unconscious. 

Mila sobbed and shook her head repeatedly. "Please..."

My chest ached to look at her so... broken and scared. My affection and need to keep her safe triumphed anger. I refused to add to her distress so, I pulled my hand back and pulled her to my side. Her small frame melted against me and I felt her body shake in fear as she gripped my shirt as if her life depended on it. 

An array of emotions ran through me, I was furious but my heart broke at Mila's state. The last time she was like this was when she told me about her mom's death. 

"Mila..." Leo's voice was all it took for my blood to boil again. 

Mila pulled away and held my arm tightly in fear I'd kill her friend. Leo's nose bled and he looked pretty fucked up... not enough in my opinion. I pushed Mila behind me and glared at the son of the bitch. "Stay the fuck away from her."

Leo nodded. "Gladly."

I didn't understand what the fuck his issue was. I assumed he always had feelings for Mila and it probably hurt when she fell in love with me. I sympathized with him for that and understood why he pulled away when Mila mentioned Leo had changed but never did I think he'd put her life in danger. 

Sailing With Destinyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें