"Of course I love you,  you asshole!" I snapped red faced at him. "I can't believe it! I thought you were dead!"

"I'm not easy to kill, you should know that by now kid." Trevor remarked, looking up at the pine trees. "Where the hell are we?"

"We're in ..." I gestured around me. "The general vicinity of Dracula's castle. I'll get us back, no problem. I got us through the Corridor after all."

" Couldn't have landed us closer." He slumped dead-weight in my arms. "Shit, how am I going to get back to the castle like this?"

"I'll help you." I said optimistic.  "You'll either ride with me on the unicorn, or I'll carry you."

"Carry me?" Trevor glanced at me as if I were crazy. 

"I have my wings back." I said proudly. "I can carry you in my arms and fly us home in my true form."

"Absolutely not." Trevor bluntly refused.

"Okay then, unicorn it is. You okay with that bud?" The unicorn lay down offering his back. He's weaker than Alucard was, it'll be far easier if I just carried him while flying, and I wouldn't have to worry about him falling off.

" We'd get home faster if-."

"I'm not doing that, kid." Trevor interjected. "Just get me up on the bloody horse."

"He's not a horse." I corrected. "And he can understand you. Just hold onto me and try to keep yourself seated. He runs fast."

I helped Trevor up on the unicorn, blanketing him with the Glaring Cloak and letting him wrap his arms around my waist. Thankfully the unicorn's back was slightly more curved than a horse's, relieving me of the worry Trevor might slide off. I didn't worry about riding the unicorn bareback without a bridle, I was just a passenger, all I needed to do was hold on.

"Take us home." I gently patted his neck before holding his mane. The unicorn whinnied standing on his hooves. "Sure you'll be okay?" I glanced behind me. Trevor mumbled, giving thumbs up.

The unicorn broke into a gallop and followed the river. He ran nowhere as fast as when we rode to Danesti's aid, but it was fast enough the trees flew us by, and the sparks from his hooves sent woodland beasts scurrying. In the far distance the castle loomed like a mountain. Trevor squeezed me tightly, seated firmly on the unicorn's back with his eyes focused on the back of my head.

The unicorn traveled for days, never tiring or losing speed, galloping through the forests and fields.  He skirted the rocky mountainsides and traversed the deep valleys.  Fording the swift rivers. Honestly, he could've run nonstop to our castle home, but Trevor needed to rest (and so did my achy behind after several hours riding bareback!).  Out of the saddle Trevor managed to stand on his feet, thanks to the unicorn's serum running through his bloodstream , but he could not walk  far. When he wasn't  standing,  he was slumped against a tree exhausted to the bone.

"What I wouldn't give for a mug of beer right now." Trevor sighed one afternoon resting under the shade of a pine.  "I feel you, Trev. I could really go for a plate of hot bacon!" I sat next to him.

"Beer and bacon sounds like a good mix." Trevor grunted.

"It does, but not for me. I don't like beer. I tried it once with Alucard and gagged." I wrinkled my face just thinking about it.

"It's an acquired taste. You'll like the more you drink it." Trevor patted my arm.

" I doubt that." I disagreed. "No offense but I don't understand how anyone could like that stuff. It tastes like boiled piss! "