44) Swing Of Love

🦋

"I can't pretend to love you," he said, making her heart stop for a moment.

She stared at him wide-eyed, "What.. " she tried to say but he cut her in between.

"Stop," he shushed her, keeping his long finger on her warm lips.

Aadya could feel his warm breath tickling her cheeks while his eyes devoured her exquisite beauty.

With a tip of his finger he touched her luscious lips, feeling their softness against his rough fingers.

"Stop, let me complete first," he whispered close to her ear, making her tiny baby hair fly back. She clutched his black shirt tightly, wrinkling it under her tiny fist as his words were leaving her speechless.

She did not dare to open her mouth again and ask what exactly he was trying to convey.

The words which he uttered a few minutes ago were quite a contrast to the emotions swirling in his brown orbs.

A frown appeared on her forehead as she gazed at the man who was confusing her more than any riddle ever had.

Digvijay swept the baby hair away from her forehead. Easing the delicate frown from her temple, he wiped the sweat from her skin above her lips.

He did not let the guilt he was feeling to showcase on his face as he looked at her with a stoic facial expression," Listen to me carefully. It will be good for both of us.

Saying so he tucked her to his chest making her stumble to his stony chest, Aadya gasped at his sudden action as he circled his strong arm around her waist.

She could feel the roughness of his black shirt on her waist.

With one arm around her waist he removed the curtains of hair from her face with his other hand and looked down at his wife.

Aadya was in a dilemma.

In his brown eyes she not only saw herself but also a pure form of love and affection.

She had learned to see through the person in the hardest way possible.

She was no longer the girl who used to confuse vulgarity in the eyes with kindness. She was no longer that Aadya who thinks that the world is a beautiful place full of good people.

Now, she knows the difference between truth and lie and the hint of emotions in those blank brown eyes were nothing but true.

"I am telling you my deepest secret. I have never shared it with anyone," he broke the silence.

"I have learned one lesson in my life and I like to implement this learning in whatever I do," she looked up at him with curiosity as he caressed her head. He told her whatever he had in his heart, looking ahead at nothingness.

"I do not like anything half, Aadya. Whatever I do, I do with full intentions and heart whether it is my professional life or, " he glanced down at her and said, "or my personal life."

"Half was never my thing, babe, "the atmosphere around them thickened as the silence followed after his words.

Her heart drummed violently in her chest, losing its rhythm as she waited for him to say something more.

Half. What is half?

His love, his truth or his desires...

There was a silent urge in her to scream at him to say something more, complete his half said sentence but she waited holding the patience.

"Half is equal to nothing for me. And it looks like I was never made for anything half. My love, hate, lust everything is intact, flawless. I feel suffocated in the presence of half just like years ago when I married Anamika with a half heart and intentions."