I smiled at her childishness. We are both of same age. "When is your birthday ?" I asked her. "10th of June. Yours ?" She replied. "12th of December." I said. I turned fifteen yesterday. She gasped. "We didn't celebrate it." She said keeping a hand on her mouth. "I never celebrate." I replied. I stopped celebrating after my mother's death. I reminded myself. "Let's celebrate it now." I saw Ariana drag me to a little bakery. "Mason can we get the egg free cakes you use to bake for us." She asked the baker. "Coming in three hours your highness." A voice said from back of bakery. "That's not nee...." I was cut off from the glares they gave me. Really it scared me. "Send it to manor." She said and again dragged me outside. "Where are you guys taking me ?" I said as they both rushed off towards the forest region on their horses. "We shouldn't be here." I said as I saw the claw marks on some of the trees.

Indicating the wild carnivores animals in the deep forest. "The risk will be worthy." Ariana said as went further deeper. The trees are growing thicker by each step. It's midday by this time but still the sunlight is unable to reach the forest floor in the core of forest where we are currently walking. I can listen the sticks and dry leafs crackling beneath our horses feet's as they walked carefully avoiding low branches and shrubs. Soon a faint voice of flowing water reached my ears. As we walked the voice became stronger and louder. I smiled as we sided the veins and a beautiful waterfall came into view. The surroundings are covered with bushes and tress along with flowering plants and shrubs. I can see the rocks at the bottom through the crystal clear water. "It's beautiful. Isn't it ?" Elani asked. I just nodded. "Let's head back or your brother will eat our brains." Ariana said as they both holler up laughing. I didn't join them.

I heard a furious growl as we are crossing the forest. "What is that ??" Elani asked alarmed. "Wolves." I said. "Elani, Ariana. Get to the manor and get help I will try to stop them here." I said. "But you.." Elani said. "Get help." I said looking at her overly worried face. "Go." I said loudly. They both ran off as fast as their horses can carry them. As they are out of sight I saw a large black wolf coming out of bushes. I took off in opposite direction to where Elani and Ariana went. So that the wolves follow me not them. But I was careful to leave some marks do that others can still find me. Of course I can take care of one or two wolves but I am not a idiot to take entire pack of them. I am brave not a idiot although the line between both is very faint.

My plan is working I thought as I heard paws of nearly 8 wolves hit the ground. They are a bit larger than the wolves we encounter back in Devgiri. But they are definitely not more dangerous than those tigers I fought in arena. I got down eyeing them closely. One lunged at me. I took off the dagger that was hidden beneath my coat I sliced off his underbelly. He went down instantly. The other wolves eyed me. Calculating how they are gonna attack me. Two attacked me at once. I douged the attack and stabbed in middle of it's chest and kicked other one hard enough on it's chest that he is banged in the tree. I can hear It's rib cage break. The other wolves growled. I hope they won't charge at me at once. I said to myself. To fast. I said as they thrown themselves on me at once. I immediately armed myself for the assault which never came.

I looked up to find a figure standing there with a bow and arrows in his hand. With the musculine build I can say it's a man in it's early twenties. He had a familiar built and sharp black eyes which reminds me of someone I know. "Ευχαριστώ." (Thanks) I said in Greek. Not knowing if know it or not. "Παρακαλώ" (your welcome) he replied. "Μπορώ να ξέρω το όνομα σωτήρες μου." (Can I know the name of my savior.) I asked hesitating. I don't know why I am feeling like this around him. Maybe because he saw me vurnerable. I tried to stand up but I fallen back. To see that one of the wolf had successfully sliced off a bit of my leg. I winced as the pain registrated itself. I was suddenly lifted of the ground and settled in Tejas. Who miraculouly hadn't shown any disapproval for the stranger till now. Usually he hate if someone try all lovely around me. He doesn't care to show that he hate it.

"Go back to manor. Or the wound will get infected." He said. I looked into his eyes they are black in colour. "What about you ?" I tried to ask but Tejas had already took off in direction of manor. I tried to stop the bleeding but I can't dur to the dirt sticked inside it. The cuts are not wide and deep enough to need stitches but it will take more than a week to get them normal. What a hinderence I thought as the manor came into view and I saw Daneil and his soldiers getting on their horses armed with arrows. They are going to rescue me. Ariana and Elani would have told about the wolves. I thought. Tejas gave a burst of speed and within seconds we are on entrance of manor. Daneil and Nathaniel signed seeing me safe.

"Here he is. All fine and alright. What a hassle we have to face for a stupid lad." A burly man of late twenties said. "Stop it Gorge. It's not the lass's mistake he maybe pissed his pants at the name of wolves." Another man taunted. My blood boiled in rage but I kept a calm expression. I can feel the temperature drop. "Well gentleman. I am sorry you have to worry over a insignificant lad like me." I said smiling. Daneil gulped knowing the smile very well. "Daneil why don't we go and collect the corpses of the wolves I killed. It will be waste to let them rot." I said to Daneil. Who looked at me in surprise. "You killed the black beasts." He asked surprised. Well everyone there is. "Is that a big achievement." I asked as if I am not clearly outnumbered by them. "Why not but I think you should check the wife gashes in your leg first Rudra." He said pointing towards my legs. "This are just few scratches." I said as if they don't pain like hell.

I will not be surprised if my blood trailed all way from forest to here. The both men who mocked me had their eyes bulging out of their sockets. "Ok then." I said as I climbed down from my horse and went inside to find Ariana and Elani digging holes in carpet by pacing around. "Can I get the strongest whiskey or vodka ?" I asked the butler who is looking at me in surprise. "Yes sir." He said and rushed off. I went to my room and sliced off the lower pant to see the wound. It look much worest than I thought. "Sir here is the alcohol you asked." He said and went off. I carefully poured it over the wound trying to disinfectant it or else it will leave a nasty scare with infection. I winced and tightly clunched the end of bedpost as the whiskey made contact with my skin and fallen down in the pan I kept below.

"What the hell ??" I heard Nath and Daneil shout at once as they entered my room unannounced. Looking at me in horror. "Are you crazy. Just few scratches. Your skin is nearly sliced off." Daneil said trying to reach for my leg but I swiftly put the last of whiskey in it and patted the blood dry with a towel. "Is that whiskey. I smell." Nath said lifting the bottle. Looking at me for answer. "Don't tell me you poured it over your wound." He asked totally horrified. "You saw it yourself." I said shrugging. As all the blood was drained off I tied the wound tightly with a cotton cloth. "How did you walk till here. If it would be me over whose the whiskey is poured I would be screaming like a banshee." Daneil said. "I had been through much more worest." I said simply shrugging off. They looked at me stunned. "Do you know any man in black roaming in forest ?" I asked as they looked at each other.

"No." They lied. "And please go and visit Ariana and Elani or else they will dig holes in the carpets downstairs. They are pacing absent mindedly." Nathaniel said looking upwards. I got up without saying anything and went downstairs. "Why they are not here ?" Elani said pacing. Ariana is behind her. They looked genuinely worried. I shook my head only if they know the total extend of my work. "Stop ruining the carpet." I said as they looked at me in surprise. They signed. "Are you alright ?" Elani asked me. "How did I look ??" I said back but I don't want to sound rude it's just that I have zero experience in talking with someone above my rank in foreign country. "This person will always be a stone faced. Smile a bit normally Rudra or no one will marry you." Ariana said forgetting that I nearly got myself killed in forest. "I might just marry the person by keeping a sword on their neck." I said nonchalantly. Behind me Nathaniel and Daneil chocked. "Man that's not a way to court someone." Nath said as Elani watched me pure astonishment.

"You know my mother said the same thing. She said, "If you want to marry someone and the other person love you too but is in self denial. Just keep a sword on his neck and marry him." You said exactly the same words." We all grown silent and everyone burst out laughing except me. I lifted my eyebrow quizzically they all stopped and looked at me. "Lord Daneil. Bad news your aunt countess Dolares and her daughter and your cousin Serena and Andrew is here." The butler said out of breath. "Shit." Daneil said stomping his foot on ground. Elani groaned slumping in a couch. "Rudra do me a favor keep that Andrew away from me and Ariana."

A TALE OF VENGEANCEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara