RESCUE

JAIVARDHAN

It took a lot of more time than expected to arrive at Devgiri capital. "We would have arrived earlier if you had not screwed up entire plan by waiting in Avanti for three weeks." I said not pleased at all. We are on our way from our capital Alwar to here but no mid-way Rajdeep thought why not go through Avanti to check our officials. But a little inspection turned into clearing out a whole corruption which took nearly 3 weeks.

"Oh come on. I don't know why the you became so much ingrossed in that girl Alekhya. Last year when Maharani told that you are bethroled to her you went out of the way to find loopholes in the agreement to get ride of her. And then all of a sudden 2 months ago you demanded to send best of our best to keep an eye upon her. I mean come on what you saw in her all of sudden ?" I schowled at his comment. He just rolled his eyes. Okay it may be a bit odd but this idiot seriously don't have any idea how much hardships she had gone through. I made oath that day to protect and cherish her till my death. I am damn sure on keeping it. Even if it mean my life.

I smiled when Rudra joined us. His expression looked worried. "What happened ?" I asked. "Bad news." I frowned. I sent him before us to collect news about Alekhya. He took a deep breath and exhaled it before speaking. "Looks like Queen Chanchala and Senapati Pratap executed their plan tonight. She was under house arrest but her entire palace is burned to ground. And entire Devgiri is in chaoes."

"What happened to Alekhya ?" I shouted at once.  Rajdeep have to catch my horse's reins to stop me from running towards Devgiri fort for her rescue. "She is no demsel in distress waiting for you to rescue her. I am damned sure she lighted her own palace on fire for escaping." Rajdeep said in a effort to calm me. I pinched the bridge of my nose. Trying to calm down. I can't allow my instincts to take better of me. "You are right Raj. Rudra ask our people to scout the entire capital and neighbouring kingdoms. If she is not here she will be there trying to kill the kings who agreed to help with the rebels. And also I want all the information about that Senapati Pratap. There must be more than what looks to our eyes."

Rudra sighed. "Yes. Kumar." We tried to move towards the main capital city. But our way was blocked by a midnight black horse. It is black like the new moon sky. The only white portion is it's eyes. It nughed us towards a particular direction. I tried to side step it but he is not leaving our side at any cost. "May be he is trying to show us something. He look well groomed and maintained. His saddle and harness are made up of best material. By looking at his built he is a war horse but the main question is where is his rider." Rudra said as the horse came near me. I moved my hand through his furs to find them matted in blood. "Someone is hurt and you want to help them." I asked rubbing the blood between my fingers. It is not dried yet means the person is hurt recently. He neighed before he took of in a particular direction. I took after him despite the shouts I am getting by my campanions. I have a gut feeling that if I won't go now I will regret my whole life. I stopped as I saw the horse stopped in middle of a well beaten forrest trail. I dismounted my horse and neared the horse to find a petite figure fallen on the ground. It had wore black clothes making me unable to define it's figure. I broke into a sprint when I figured out it is a human. I kneeled near it to find what is wrong with it. I untied the turban to assess it's breathing to get the biggest shock of my life. Alekhya.

Her breathing is ragged. Her features had gone pale like a ghost. Her pulse is faint. I found something wet slipping into my fingers to find them covered in blood. Without wasting anytime. I wrapped her in my cloak in an attempt to preserve her body heat and blood loss. I lifted her in bridal style and mounted the horse. And took off in the direction where Rudra and Raj are waiting for me. "What happened ?" Raj asked pointing towards the small form of Alekhya wrapped near my chest. "We don't have time. Where can we get a trusted doctor ?" I asked terror and fear clearly mentioned in both my voice and face. "Follow me." Rudra said. We both sprinted behind him.