COURT SESSION

I was walking in Mayur garden when I heard someone calling me. I turned towards the voice to see Sulochana ji's maids and Suman are come running towards me. "Yurani. Lady Sulochana wants to meet you." I started walking towards her palace without waiting for them. I was worried sick about her from yesterday. From what I heard from maids she was unconscious for better part of yesterday. She must be resting not meeting others. Then again who I am to advise her. Her Yurani you idiot. I mentally slapped myself. On god I should really learn to excercise my power. Otherwise I am a lost cause. I sighed as I reached her palace. Oh God this places are too far away.

"Yurani. I had been waiting for you." She said excitedly trying to get up. I quickly ran up to her and caught her before she can get up. "Sulochana ji you must be resting not running around like a five year old child. The stitches might come undone." I said giving her a stern look. "I had been telling her that all morning Your Highness." Vijay ji said from behind. I looked over my shoulder to find him holding his children in each hand. I quickly took one from him as I said. "There is no need to call me Your Highness Maha Mantri. I am just a little girl."

"But it will never change the fact that you are Crown Princess and saved my children and wife." Like that damned title of mine have any value. It's more like a blank paper. In my last life he was killed by my father due to treason along with his wife. I looked towards the baby in my arms. Her yellowish brown eyes looking at me fearlessly and her hands reaching out for my face. I looked at the innocent thing in my hand amazed. "Even if it is anyone else I would have done the same thing Minister." I said nonchalantly. I don't want their gratitude. I am doing this to just repay what they did for me in last life. "But you must accept our token of gratitude." He handed over the baby to Lady Sulochana.

I did the same and frowned as he clapped and servents entered the room with platters of treasure. Gold, silver, rubies, pearls, jade along with other invaluable items. If it was my last life I would have accepted it but not now. "I understand your gratitude Maha Mantri. But I already have a lot of treasure. I know it's impolite of me to reject them but I don't need them." This materialistic things now mean nothing.

"Did you have anything else on your mind Yurani. I can present you that." He asked his eyebrows frowned together. Of course he will be thinking why in hell I refused such precious presents. "Maha Mantri that's not the meaning of my saying. I don't need anything now but I can't tell about future." I can ask his support in my future plans he will not be able to refuse due to the debt he now owe me. "I hope you will give me a chance to repay it Yurani." He said bowing his head. "The chance will come soon than you think Vijay ji." I said giving them a eeiry smile. "If you excuse me. Sulochana ji must rest." I said walking away without waiting for their reply. Just you wait Chanchala I will show you how to play the game.

The time for court came earlier than I thought. I smirked to myself. I proudly stood infront of mirror in a royal blue dress with pink chunri. I had wore minimal jewellery but enough for a Yurani. I matched it with my mother's dagger. Suman woke me up at first ray of dawn to get ready. I can't say I am not beautiful. May be I lack in some areas. But with my five feet height, tan skin and black hairs flowing past my waist you can call me pretty. I gave myself a once over and started walking towards Darbar to find Maha Mantri waiting for me infront of my palace gate. I scowled at him.

"Yurani" He said bowing to me. I gave him a curt nod. "Maharaj sent me to accompany you to Imperial Court. And this is your bodyguard." He said motioning towards a young man. I had definitely seen him somewhere. "Isn't he commander of imperial gaurds ?" I stated as I remembered seeing him training the imperial gaurds responsible for protecting the fort. He looked shocked. Of course all think I don't know anything about palace and kingdom. Well I can use that to my advantage. "By Maharaja's order today onwards he is your bodyguard."