“Y/N! I heard you're going to leave in a mission!” Daki exclaimed, entering the room.

“Daki! Be careful, there are windows here!” Y/N said, exasperatedly putting a blanket over her.

“I'm going with you!”

“… No, it's better if you stay here.”

“But-”

'Daki and Gyutaro are technically still under Muzan's influence, I have no idea why he hasn't killed them through the blood connection yet, but it's better if they stay low profile until I can ask Tamayo to remove it.'

“I'm sorry, it's not that I don't want to go with you, but it's safer this way.”

“It will be safer if I go! I can protect you!” Daki responded.

“You definitely can, but I also can take care of myself pretty well, so the best you can do for me is to stay here, okay?”

“Ugh… fine, guess I will have to stay with the three little pigs then.”

“… Is she talking about us?” Tanjiro asked, sweat dropping.

“I will be going now, be careful with the sun when going back to your room, okay?”

“Yeah, I will be waiting.” You could tell that Daki was feeling bitter about being left behind, but Y/N smiled gently at the way she was listening to her anyway.

There was a very clear difference in treatment from the moment they first met to this point, such a big evolution happened in so little time.

“But Y/N, are you sure you want to go?”

As Y/N was walking on the corridors ready to go to the front entrance, Zenitsu interrupted her.

“Huh?”

“I mean, what kind of mission would require three hashiras? And why were you selected to go with them?”

“That…”

'it makes sense. Why was I chosen? And why would they need three hashiras? Unless… an up-'

“Y/N!” Shinobu's call snapped her away from her thoughts. “Are you ready to go?”

“Oh- Yeah! Let's go!”

“Wait! Underling! Take this with you!” Inosuke ran to her, dropping an acorn in her palm. “It's for protection!”

“Protection?”

“Yeah! From the acorn god!”

“The what?”

“Zenitsu told me about him!”

Y/N leaned to the side to look at Zenitsu trying to muffle away his laughter while standing behind Inosuke.

“Zenitsu, we will talk about this when I come back.” He immediately stopped laughing with this affirmation. “Thanks for the… protection acorn, Inosuke, I will take care of it.”

“Humph! You better!”

'…you sound so proud for someone who believed in something like the acorn god-' She sweat dropped, but managed to keep a straight face as she silently waved goodbye to the three. “Then, I will be going- EUGH-”

“Y/NNN DON'T GOOOO”

“WAAAAAH”

“WE WANT YOU TO STAAAY-”

Naho, Kiyo and Sumi suddenly tackled her into a hug.

“I- I need to go, it's my job-”

“NOOOOO-”