I'm Here

Arsen's POV

After we ate our dinner, as they planned, magbobonfire daw sila so both Brandon and I gathered the branches. I can see how mom is happy to see us complete again.

We sat around the fire we made and waited for someone to start a conversation. Napakatahimik. Maybe, I should tell them the good news as well.

"I just knew that Yarry is dead."

"That's true son. But anyway, can you explain to us bakit ka napadpad dito? We thought you're dead."

I smiled at mom and held her hand. "*sigh* I also thought so. Akala ko rin. Someone helped me. I was spitting blood that time, can't even stand alone. My hearing disappeared after the explosion but there was someone tapping my face though my vision was to blur."

Flashback......

Please Brandon, save Sica. It be useless if I die and she can't be saved. I am literally crying thinking that I will not be able to see her again. The person I pray to be my wife, my baby, my sweetheart, Sica. I'll.... miss you. Please be happy for me. 

"Hey hey *tapping my cheeks* I'm here anak, Arsen tumayo ka."

End of flashback.....

"He carried me through his old and rusty car. He said I was in 3 days coma. I had a lot of complications though all the bullets and debris was successfully taken away from my body yet luckily I survived. He never told me who he was until I finally was able to walk. He let me stay in his house just an hour walk from this place."

"You mean you lived here?" Zace asked.

"Yeah.. He's an old guy who spent the rest of his life in this mountain after he lost his family. He treated me well, almost like his son. One day, beyond my curiosity, I found a picture of mom pregnant, the guy and there's three little children with them" di pa ako tapos magsalita ay napatakip na lang si mama nang bibig. My tears starting to fall as I continue my story. "Yes mom, it was dad. Ibraim who saved me. Yarry contacted him, threated him, that the five us is in danger if he will not come. He was captured and watched us all trying to escape. Imagine how terrible Yarry is. All of those are recorded. His rich co-mafias watched us like pigs as well as how dad reacts every time one of us running away from death. Haha, that damn guy." Nangunguyom kong sabi.

I can hear sobs from different people. Di ko na inalam kung kanino sa kanila yun but I understand how they wanted to meet our biological father. I want them to experience being loved by a true one, not by the manipulative and devil Yarry.

"You can meet him tomorrow, for sure he'll be glad to know you are all safe, especially you mom."

As I accidentally stare at Sica, she is comforting Cley and hugging him. How about me, Sica. Can please notice me.

Since all of them are excited to meet him,  they all rushed to sleep early. It's almost midnight kaya pinagpabukas ko na lang dahil isang oras na lakarin din yun. While I am just here, lying inside my tent. Di ako makatulog. I was hurt after I told her I almost died, ayst ayoko na isipin. I should not be selfish when she's happy. This what I want right? 

I went outside and lit a cigarette. I was about to put it in my mouth when she came out from the comfort room outside the cabin. We both look at each other and I rushed to throw the cigarette. 

"H..Hi" she nodded at aalis na sana pero pinigilan ko siya. This is my chance. "Can I talk to you please?" 

"H..huh? Para saan? Hehe" 

"I mean, how are you, it's been a year. I am happy you are safe."

"Ahh, hehe oo. Salamat sa Diyos buhay ka, Arsen. Haha, masaya ako kasi magkakasama na ulit kayo magkakapatid, saka pati na rin tatay nyo."

You are still humble no matter what you witnessed that afternoon. You never changed Sica. 

"Are you just.... living with them?"

"H..ha? hahaha hindi. Nagrerent ako nang apartment. I do some freelancing din para may pantustos sa pag-aaral. Sa apartment lang ako nagttrabaho as a virtual assistant."

"I see, it means I can still see you around." natahimik lang siya sa sinabi ko. "Sica, I am sorry of what happened kanina...."

"Naku okay lang. Don't worry di ipagsasabi kahit kanino, tayo lang tatlo makakaalam non. Saka, si Angelou sana pinasama mo dito mag-isa ka tuloy dyan sa tent mo" 

Fuck, para akong sinasaksak. The way she speak, parang normal na lang sa kanya. She doesn't feel bothered now. Wala na ba kahit konti, Sica? 

"Y..yeah. Thank you and don't worry, lage ko ginagawa mag camping mag-isa kaya I'm fine."

"Hehehe okay. Ahh, pasok na ulit ako ah. Matulog ka na rin maaga pa tayo bukas di ba?" No, please stay for a while. 

"Uhh, yeah. Good night" 

She just left with a smile and went back inside. Fuck it! Dapat sinabi mong miss na miss mo na siya. Na mahal mo siya. 

I grabbed my hair and almost punched the tree na nasa likuran ko. Pumasok ako sa tent and I start sobbing silently. Bakit ba ang malas malas ko? Di ko na alam kung anong gagawin, kung ano ang tama. Kahit na isang taon na nag nakalipas nang nilisan ko ang buhay na yun but still I am still suffering being a pretender. I am still a fucking coward, dumb and useless.