Chapter 48 | Broken

Start from the beginning

"I should have rejected her the second I saw her!" Jared continued to scream, grabbing at his hair, his eyes now pitch black.

"Dylan, he's going to hurt himself, please," begged my mate, her brows furrowed as she watched her younger brother emotionally break down.

"I hate her! I hate her! I hate her! What's wrong with me?! Why didn't she just want me?! Why wasn't I good enough for her?!" Jared sobbed, burying his face into his hands as he cried, causing Clara to run across the kitchen towards him, ignoring the sharp shards of glass that were scraping against her bare feet.

"Jared, look at me! Everything is going to be fine! I promise!" soothed Clara, wrapping her arms around him, pulling his sobbing body into hers, rubbing his back slowly.

I turned to see Gia and Ethan standing in the doorway of the kitchen, having crashed here last night, their faces masked with concern as they looked at me for any orders, however, I just shook my head at them.

This was something that only Clara could deal with. Jared needed his sister, but he also needed to be rid of this pain. It wasn't fair on him. He was a good kid, and he deserved someone that was going to care for him and love him for who he was.

Anger bubbled up inside of me, and I shook my head, balling up my fists. "Ethan, get Salah on the phone and get her here as soon as possible. We are putting an end to this, now."

"Dylan, are you sure?" questioned my Beta, causing me to run my hands through my hair in angst.

"What other choice do we have, Ethan? Look at him! This has to end now."

"What are you talking about? Who's Salah?" asked Gia, her light brows furrowed as she looked between Ethan and I.

"She's a witch that lives on the outskirts of our territory," answered Ethan as he put his phone to his ear, causing Gia's blue eyes to widen.

"Why do you need a witch? What are you going to do?" she whispered, looking over at a still emotional Jared who was being comforted by Clara.

"She can do something. I don't care what it is. Just as long as it takes this pain away from him," I growled, watching as Ethan stepped away from the kitchen so he speak without interruption.

I gazed over at my mate, who had teary eyes, pulling away from her brother, who's breathing had calmed down a bit.

"I'm sorry for smashing things, Dylan," he hiccuped, wiping at his eyes, and I could tell on his face that he was trying his hardest not to burst into tears again.

"Don't apologise," I stated, quickly grabbing a broom and beginning to sweep up what I could of the glass, double checking that Clara wasn't injured from it.

"She's on her way," spoke Ethan, shoving his phone back into his pocket as he made his way into the kitchen, settling himself down on one of the bar stools.

"Who is?" questioned Clara, causing me to gulp, feeling guilty that I hadn't run my idea past her, but instead acting on impulse.

"Clara, come outside with me for a second," I said, passing the broom over to Gia and grabbing Clara's hand, dragging her outside.

"What's going on, Dylan?" she asked hesitantly, fiddling with her fingers.

"It's just an idea, and if Jared says no, then of course we won't go through with it, but we have a witch coming over. She can attempt to break the bond between Jared and Amelia, but only if he wants to. I just want him to have that option there."

Clara's eyes widened, and she stared up at me for a few seconds, blinking, processing my idea. "A witch?"

"She lives near here. We have a treaty with her. In exchange for her use, we offer her protection. We don't ask her to do things for us often, but it's in situations like these where she comes in handy."

"Something like this has happened before?" Clara questioned, causing me to shrug.

"Something similar. Two members of my pack found out they were mates, but they both were unhappy with the Moon Goddess' decision to pair them together, so Salah broke their bond for them."

"I don't know if that is something Jared would want, Dylan."

"I understand," I said, nodding. "It is completely his decision, but he doesn't deserve this, and it was selfish of Amelia to leave without having the bond broken beforehand by rejecting him. It's sentenced him to a lifetime of pain, not knowing where she is or what she's doing. Without her, he will begin to shut down. His longing for her will only get worse over time."

"Does everyone in your pack know about this witch?"

"The fighters do; we don't want the information to get into the wrong hands, so Gia and Jared can't tell a soul," I said, which caused Clara to nod in agreement.

"He's only just turned eighteen. This is such a big decision for him. I just don't know if he will-"

"I want to do it."

Clara and I both turned to see Jared leaning his head out of the kitchen window, his eyes holding sorrow and despair.

"Jared, are you sure? This is your choice," I replied, sighing.

He nodded, his jaw twitching. "She left only last night, and I already can't take it. If it's going to get worse than this, I can't..."

He trailed off, looking out into the distance, causing Clara and I to follow his gaze, my eyes settling on a tall olive skinned lady striding towards us, her forest green cloak flowing in the wind behind her, and her fair hair pinned back away from her face; a few stray strands dancing in the gust.

"She's here."

.................................................

Thank you for reading!

I hope you enjoyed it!

What do you think of Jared having the bond broken?

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed it!