Chapter 9 | The Call

"And then she goes 'I'm a very dedicated girl'!" I mimicked, causing Gia to scrunch up her nose in disgust.

"Jesus, could she get anymore desperate?" laughed Gia.

"It was gross."

"Well, Jen is known best for what she does in the sheets," shrugged Gia, causing me to scoff.

"Gia!" I yelled, shaking my head.

"What?" she snickered. "Matthew told me all about their special night last week."

I grimaced, groaning. "I really don't want to know, and that doesn't make me feel any better about Dylan, knowing that his assistant is a well known sex goddess."

Gia smiled, wrapping her arm around my shoulder as we strolled through the grounds. "You know Dylan wouldn't touch her? He's found his mate."

I sighed, dropping my gaze, wrapping my arms around myself as the cold wind chilled me to the bone, my thin brown cardigan being a bad choice considering it was the middle of winter. "His friends were the ones who said he didn't do relationships. How do I know that I'm going to change him?"

"You know, my Dad told me he was a huge man-whore before he met my Mother, but finding his mate changed things. He knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her."

"I wish I could say the same for my parents," I mumbled, causing Gia to sigh.

"Your Dad will find her soon, I know it," assured Gia, making me roll my eyes.

"Gia, the only time he leaves the pack grounds is to go to work. I doubt he'll bump into a girl anytime soon," I laughed.

"Then we'll set him up!" exclaimed Gia, her eyes lighting up.

"Woah, woah, no way! We are not setting my Dad up!"

"Oh come on, he needs to find the love of his life!"

I sighed, shaking my head. "He already did, Gia- my Mother."

"Okay, we can talk about it another time," replied Gia, gesturing down the hill. "There it is."

I peered down the slope, the small one bedroom cabin coming into view, the dull light flickering in the dark. It looked so peaceful, being located just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the pack, allowing for some privacy.

"I hope Alpha Paul hasn't got any guards watching," I muttered, chewing on my bottom lip nervously.

Gia laughed, rolling her eyes. "You just tell them that Dylan is your mate. They can't keep you two away from each other."

"You're right," I agreed, nodding, urging for my legs to move, but appearing frozen in place.

"I'm freezing to death Clara, go, and tell me everything later!" called Gia as she stepped backwards, waving at me as she quickly made her way back to her house, causing me to take in a large gulp of air in an attempt to calm myself.

I was unsure on what I was going to say to Dylan, but I was hoping that the conversation would flow nicely, and we could finally spend some time getting to know each other.

I strolled down the hill, being careful not to slip, making my way towards the homely wooden cabin, attempting to brush my hair down flat, knowing it looked messy from the crisp wind.

My heart was beating out of my chest, and I could feel my wolf howling within me at the thought of seeing our mate again.

Once I reached the front door, the scent of musk and vanilla wafted up my nostrils, causing me to sigh happily out loud, the aroma calming me and making me for at ease, but there was another scent making its way through the air, tainting my mate's beautiful one.