Chapter 30 | I Like You In Pink

After a quick meal at Dylan's mother's house, we said our goodbyes and made our way to the car. I hopped into the passenger side, smiling over at my mate as he beamed at me, cupping my cheek and leaning on for a quick kiss.

"I'm so relieved you like it here, I was a little worried you wouldn't," said Dylan, buckling up my seatbelt for me, leaning over, his large palms grazing my thighs.

I swallowed down my arousal, shaking my head as my mate chuckled, starting the car and pulling away from his pack grounds.

"It's very big and open, and everything is spaced out, so it doesn't feel too much like a pack," I said, looking out the window, the heavy raindrops landing on the roof, creating a calming noise.

"Is that a good thing?" questioned Dylan, raising his eyebrows as he looked over at me quickly, causing me to nod.

"It's spacious and remote. It's different from my pack, but I like it. I'll need to come back and give Amelia her sweatshirt back though."

Dylan shrugged, chuckling. "I like you in pink."

I laughed, running my hands through my wet hair, tugging at the hem of the baby pink sweatshirt, feeling warm and snug in it. "Well, as much as I like it, it's not mine, so we'll need to stop by in the next couple of days so I can return it."

"If that's what you want. You're her future Luna though, so I'm sure she won't mind."

I sighed, the words 'future Luna' suddenly overwhelming me, knowing that sooner or later I would have to leave my pack for good, and start a new life here with Dylan.

Although I was lucky that our packs weren't too far away, I was still going to miss being surrounded by my friends and family, and the pressure of running an entire pack and being their role model was very stressful.

However, I was ready, and I wanted to be with Dylan for the rest of my life.

I had never expected to be mated to an Alpha, but my instincts had prepared me for this, and even though I knew it was something I just had to dive into head first, I was still a little apprehensive, worried I wouldn't be able to do a good enough job.

"Clara, are you okay?" asked my mate, causing me to widen my eyes, shaking my daydream away. "I said your name like three times."

"Sorry," I laughed, "I was just thinking about when you're finally finished training my pack, and we will have to leave forever."

"You'll still be able to visit. You can come back anytime you want, you know that?"

I nodded, chewing on my bottom lip. "Yeah, I know, I'm just going to miss everyone."

"I get it, but anytime you need a break from Luna duty, you just let me know and you can go back and stay with your family and friends for a little bit," calmed Dylan, running his hands along his stubble.

"Would a good Luna do that though? It's not something I can just run away from when it gets too much. This is who I have to be now," I sighed.

"You don't have to be anything; only yourself," replied Dylan, smiling at me quickly as he quickly turned the corner, my pack grounds coming into sight.

"I wish I had brought an umbrella," I laughed as Dylan pulled into the pack garage, turning off the engine and unbuckling my seatbelt, pulling me onto his lap.

Before I could say anything, Dylan pulled me to him, kissing me passionately, wrapping his arms around the back of my neck and gripping it with dominance.

I moaned into the kiss, pressing my body against his, enjoying the feeling of his rock hard abs as my hands wandered up his shirt, causing him to growl.