Oil And Water

Previously on Conflicted Heart

Y/n groaned as he stood up, the sounds of the bomb's clattering reaching his ears which sent him into full alert, "No! Jinx! Wait!" He stood up as quickly as he could but as he looked at his lover he almost stopped in his tracks, there it was, a genuine smile on her lips which mouthed 'I love you.

"Jinx!" He ran as fast as he could but before he even knew it the pink explosion came, sending him with full force to another place and knocking him into a state where he struggled to keep his eyes open. And listen to what he was hearing around him.

"We-"

"Where are we gon-"

"Please, he's my first love."

_______________________________________

"You know, there was a time when we were kids, I used to think or well still do think, you were gonna be my everything but you only had eyes for someone else, my sister. And I knew I couldn't beat that, I was younger than you, and was bad luck but still, that didn't stop me from hoping that one day you'll love me just the same." Jinx said as she traced random shapes on the chest of her lover, now and then she'll write 'I Love You' on his chest. "And I finally got your love and it feels wonderful that the boy I fell in love with loved me back but..." She paused and stopped tracing shapes and words and instead proceeded to lay her hand flat on Y/n's chest, right where his heart rested. "It felt incomplete and I wondered why, and I figured it out. I fell in love with the boy who cared for my sister with his entire heart but Vi is dead and I have to take what I have."

"What if Vi was alive?" Y/n asked.

"Then I will share you with my sister despite how disgusting that sounds." Jinx chuckled. "But I know you would've loved the both of us, with your entire being."

"I would've." Y/n couldn't find it in his heart to tell Jinx her sister is still alive but he will until he can prove it.

Y/n gasped as he woke up from his unconscious dream. His head suddenly feels a wave of pain wash over it from him standing up to fast.

"Hey, Hey, Hey...take it easy," Vi says as she places his head gingerly down on her lap.

"Vi?" He groans out, his voice sounding hoarse and scratchy. "Where a-am I? Why does my head hurt so much?" He massages his forehead, feeling a bit of pain as he makes contact with it.

"Well..." Vi began but thinks about what happened a few minutes ago.

A few minutes ago...

"Who lives here? Another Councilor friend of yours?" Vi asked as she and Caitlyn sneaked Y/n's unconscious body into a fancy looking bedroom.

But before Caitlyn could answer, the room to the bedroom gets kicked open, with the woman who kicked the door cocking the gun in her hand and aiming it at the intruders.

Both women freeze on their spots which caused them to drop Y/n face-first onto the floor.

Present.

"It's probably because of the explosion," Vi said and brushed the hair out of his face.

"And where am I?" He asked his voice returning to its normal state.