Happy Progress Day

Many things have happened since the incident since everything went to literal shit. Y/n never thought he would end up working for the same man that killed his father and Benzo.

But he had to if he wanted to protect Powder or rather Jinx but he knew it was the other way around and damn, did it frustrate him? A lot.

Despite everything he knew he was only alive because of Jinx, she protected him that night and asked them to spare his life.

"What'cha thinking about?" Jinx asks Y/n while poking his cheek. Jinx, no longer was the scaredy-cat girl she once was, she didn't need his protection anymore but still, he wanted to protect her for he developed feelings for the girl despite their harsh situation.

"Don't worry yourself about it," Y/n said and jumped off the crate he was sitting on to stretch his legs. "But I need to ask, Why in the 7 hells do you need to place a swing inside a cargo hold?"

Jinx only shyly placed her hands behind her back, swinging her body slowly around adding effect to her shyness. "I get bored quickly and say if we get ambushed I could give them good scare like seriously I can make them shit their pants. They must've heard of us for a while now. The Cursed and Jinx. " Jinx ended, her chest proudly puffed out.

"How did I even get that name, it's terrible."

Jinx gasped, her hand over her heart as if she was about to have a heart attack. "It's brilliant, I've been thinking about it, okay? Now you see we a duo aren't we?"

"I'm stuck with you."

"Great, now you see I've been thinking when people think of us their gonna be like 'Oh no, they're here, the Cursed Jinx.' then we'd swing in and kill them like Pow." Jinx dramatically said while faking an explosion with her hand she even had a silly villain pose going on.

"Not gonna lie sounds good but you need to convince me better than t-" Y/n stopped as he heard the sounds coming around the ship, he knew it too well, it wasn't exactly unfamiliar but he knew they would try to ambush them. The firelights were like that.

"Well, Jinxy seems like you get to scare some people like you want to," Y/n said and immediately took out his guns and smirked.

"Where are you going?" Jin asked the male who was leaving the hold.

"To the top."

"Seriously? Whatever" Jinx rolled her eyes at the man leaving the room. She decided to sit on the swing and waited for something to happen or at least some signal that she can come out.

After a few minutes, the hatch door opens followed by cautious steps down the ladder. It was a male firelight who had a green mohawk and face mask with another behind him but this firelight was completely sealed.

The green male walked further into the hatch, his weapon ready to smack anything that moved but instead, he tripped a wire causing the hatch door to shut close and the purple glow in the dark paint illuminated the room with its indigo colour.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no." the male started panicking and banged on the door but it was useless but the male with green hair recognised the symbol painted on the door. The monkey with a cursed pentagon on its forehead.

"Oh, no, They're here. The Cursed Jinx." Green hair lighted up a flare to give the darkness lighter. They took cautious and careful steps, careful enough not to trip any wires that may have been set up.

"Hehe." Jinx giggled as she speedily ran across from her swing to another place.

The green punk threw the flare in the direction of the creaking sounds of the swing and saw it moving by itself, slowly revealing the words boom painted underneath.