𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

Start from the beginning

"Listen to these words," Peter said as he pointed straight at Ronan before going back to singing along with the song. Primrose had to bring her hand up to her mouth to hold back her laughter after watching Peter's dancing became more aggressive. However, when the Quill woman's eyes landed on Gamora's shocked face, a small chuckle forced its way past her lips.

"What are you doing?" Ronan questioned while continuing to stare at Peter with a confused look on his face.

"Dance-off, bro. Me and you," the redheaded man announced before switching to an even stranger dance move and pointing at Gamora. The Zehoberei woman just blankly stared at him for a long moment before shaking her head in response. That caused Peter to retract his arm and go back to dancing. "Subtle. Take it back."

"What are you doing?!" the Accuser exclaimed while Primrose looked over at Rocket just in time to see him and Drax prepared to fire the Hadron Enforcer.

"I'm distracting you, you big blue idiot," the Quill man stated, causing Ronan to turn around to face Rocket and Drax right as they power up the cannon.

Before the Accuser had a chance to react, Rocket brought the cords together and fired at Ronan. Everyone watched as the projectile soared through the air and hit the Stone in the center of Ronan's staff. A light brighter than the one on the Dark Aster emitted from the staff before it shattered into a million pieces. Primrose's eyes widened to the size of small planets at the sight of the Stone falling to the ground.

Just as she was about to race for the glowing object, Peter pushed her to the ground before diving for the Stone. Gamora's screams filled the air as Primrose looked back to find her brother squirming on the ground in pain with his hands brightly glowing. Tears ran down the Quill woman's cheeks as her brother's agonizing screams cut through the air while a purple cloud formed around them. Her eyes stayed glued to Peter for a moment longer before Gamora appeared at her side and pulled her to her feet.

The two women forced themselves through the purple smoke and toward Peter. His screams soon stopped as the Stone began to tear him apart. As soon as Primrose and Gamora were close enough to the Quill man, they stretched their arms out as far as they could toward him.

"Peter! Take our hands!" the Zehoberei woman shouted while holding her hand out to him, only for him to blankly stare at her. When he didn't make a move to follow her request, Primrose forced herself to take a step closer to him despite the wind pushing her back.

"Please, Peter!" the Quill woman shouted, causing her brother to look over at her before she continued speaking, "just take our hands!"

It wasn't long after that when Peter stretched both of his arms out. Gamora instantly grabbed onto his hand while Primrose wrapped hers around the wrist of the hand that contained the stone. The second her fingers touched his arm, an agonizing pain worse than anything she'd ever felt before coursed throughout her entire body. A blood-chilling scream passed over her lips as she looked up to the sky above them. Another tear slipped down her cheek while the pain continued to flow through her veins. What felt like an eternity passed when she felt someone take her other hand.

Despite wanting nothing more than to close her eyes and give in to the pain, Primrose looked to her left to find Drax's hand in hers. His screams soon mixed with hers, Peter's, and Gamora's as the Stone's power continued to course through them. The next thing anyone knew, Rocket wrapped his hand and Drax's finger before his screams joined theirs. That went on for an eternity before the pain stopped completely. A power that none of them had ever felt before flowed through their veins as they looked back at Ronan in unison.

"You're mortal!" the Accuser shouted while keeping his eyes glued to the group standing in front of him, "how?"

"You said it yourself. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy," Peter responded before Ronan raised his staff.