"They had me raise my hands all the way up and then pushed on my ribs and I thought I was gonna cry."

He gave her a pout, still holding eye contact, she gave him her adorable little lopsided smile and Devin kissed the tip of her nose, kissing in between her eyebrows, then the top of her head again.

"Devin" she whined.

"How could I stop now?"

He leaned down and kissed her jaw no doubt leaving a hickey.

"I'm sorry. For everything... really and if I could go back we wouldn't have even slept together, I would've waited until you were a hundred percent sure, we would've made long-distance work, I would've flown you out for games, we would be taking trips together, you would've got your ring, I would've got my 7-foot son who would go to the NBA and everybody would be like "damn Devin Booker Jr is good but nowhere near as good as his dad" and I would agree and-"

"Okay, Devin!" She laughed.

"The point is, if I wasn't so stupid and blinded by money, I would've told the truth, and the truth is you are the love of my life, and I haven't loved another person even close to the way I loved you."

"Even your mom?"
She joked knowing Devin is a mama's boy and has been since the day she met him.

He laughed "even my mom"

She grabbed the sides of his face pulling him down and kissing him, she felt his smile against her lips which she mirrored.

Devin moved to where he hovered over her while they kissed, grabbing her head to push her further into the kiss, he couldn't get enough.

After a few minutes, they found themselves laying on her bed staring at the ceiling while Devin played with her rings while she was cuddled in his arms.

They talked about college days and the trouble Devin always seemed to get Avery in, she was the good girl she was the genius and she never wanted to ruin that reputation but Devin was dedicated to changing that.

"Like how we snuck into the gym that one night..."

"Exactly... laying in the bleachers right under your poster"

They both smiled thinking of the night they both remembered so well.

*flashback*

"You will make it to the NBA I know it dev"

Avery was laying down next to him while Devin had his arm under her head playing with her hand.

"Yea and you are gonna be right next to me when they call my name. We are gonna go somewhere nice, somewhere warm."

Avery turned to her side so she could look at Devin.

"Tell me more"

"We are gonna have a huge house, have our friends over after home games.
I'm gonna propose and give you the best wedding ever, and then a few years down the road have some babies...
most importantly we are gonna be happy"

Avery smiled while admiring his eyes, they always looked different when he talked about his dreams... she loved it.

"I'm gonna take care of you A. Promise."

~~

Avery woke up to an empty bed, quickly shaking her head.

"Devin!" She yelled walking down the hall.

She walked into the kitchen to see Devin putting down a bag of food with flowers.
As soon as he saw her expression he froze, with a mischievous grin.

"I probably should've left a note or something shouldn't I have?..."

"You think!" She laughed walking over to Devin, she wrapped her arms around Devin.

"I told you I'm still learning"

Avery rolled her eyes before lightly pushing herself off of him.

He looked down at her since he had such a height advantage and tilted her chin up to meet his lips.

"I love you"

***
Yay, another chapter!!

How do you like it?
What are your theories?
Are you glad they're together??