The Grand Quest

Once we stepped through the door of the entrance to the world tree, we noticed many portal like things leading to the very top. This was how one proves themselves worthy. I drew my sword since Kirito had already had his out.

U/N: Lets go get her Kirito.

Kirito: Right.

The both of us activate our wings and flew up the inside of the tree in a rapid pace, that was when one of the portals activated and revealed the guardian that the players have been talking about. Kirito let out a war cry and went ahead to kill the thing, but more spawned so I was also taking care of a few of them myself. Just like my theory predicted, these guys are relatively weak on their own, its just the fact that we are outnumbered greatly.

U/N: Kirito! On your six.

He turned around to block a guardians attack and quickly killed it and advanced upwards with me following behind him. Even more guardians started to spawn and I was losing HP. I looked at Kirito who tried to reach his hand to the door above and he got shot by an arrow. I also felt pain in my leg so I looked to to see an arrow in my knee, and further past were many of the guardians pointing bows at us. At the very same moment they fired in unison and I quickly flew to Kirito and grabbed his arm to give him a boost.

U/N: Kirito! Get to the door, don't worry about me.

I got pricked by many arrows and then a sword was thrown to my and stabbed my torso. I tried to keep moving but only more of them started to impale me. After not being able to move, I puffed into red smoke and saw the 'You Died' message appear.

I looked at my chest to see a red flame and a respawn timer reading six-hundred seconds. I sighed and looked over to see Kirito's remain flame as well.

U/N: I guess we both didn't make it.

I mumbled to myself.

I saw the guardians returning to the portals until one of the looked at me? I looked to where they were looking at and I saw Leafa and Kasumi flying their way up to us. Both of them were coming after us while killing the guardians, and when they reached us, Kasumi grabbed my remain light while Leafa grabbed Kirito and made their way back down receiving minor injuries.

After they made it out of the tree, we both got revived and kirito knelt down to Leafa and I helped up Kasumi.

Kirito: We appreciate what you've done Leafa. But don't do that again, U/N and I can handle this. We don't want to cause you any more trouble.

Leafa: But..

Kirito stood up and went back to the door to go back inside. Leafa stood up and ran over to him and gave him a hug.

Leafa: Please. Stop. Just go back to how you were. I just... You mean so much to me.

I knew where this was going, but I decided to stay out of it.

Kirito: Leafa. Sorry. If I don't get up there Then nothing will ever end or begin. Just this once, I have to see Asuna.

Leafa: What... What did you say?

Kirito: Her names Asuna. She was the one I've been looking for.

She stepped away from Kirito with her eyes wide and she covered her mouth.

Leafa: But that means.... Oh my god.

Kirito turned around to her but she only stepped back more.

Leafa: Kazuto?

Kirito flinched and quickly realized as well.

Kirito: Suguha?

Leafa: No.... No this isn't fair.

Kirito tried to reach for her but she had already logged out of the game.

Kirito: Sugu wait.

He logged himself out as well, leaving me and Kasumi alone.

Kasumi: What was that about?

U/N: My guess is that they are related. It would explain the reaction from Leafa.

A message appeared from the the Sylph Leader saying that they were ready and heading their way to the world tree soon.

U/N: The two leaders have finished getting ready.

Kasumi: That's some good news at least. So what do you wanna do while we wait.

I looked back at the door for the grand quest.

U/N: Well I guess the only thing we can do is to wait.

Kasumi: In that case. Mind if I log out for a bit and get a break?

U/N: Sure I don't mind.

She nods and logs out, leaving me to be the only one here right now. I took a deep breath and sat on the stairs looking to the sky which had always managed to calm me down.

U/N: Aleyla. Rin.

---END---

Author: Hmm this chapter seems a bit short and I'm sorry for that. I'm back on episode based publishes now so after this chapter the chapters will be longer.

U/N: Yyyyay.

Author: Oh you sit yo ass down boi. Anyways. Thank you for reading and almost getting this series to 5k total reads.

See you in the next chapter.

Word Count: 874.