Old World New Problems

After two whole years I finally wake up staring at the white hospital roof, I squinted a little bit at the light but quickly readjusted to it. I placed my wrinkled hands on my nerve gear and started to remember the moments before I was supposed to die, my fight with Kayaba, saying goodbye. It all started coming back to me, I started tearing up and sat up a bit weakly in my hospital bed and took off my nerve gear letting my long grown white hair fall down my back. Almost a second later a nurse came into my room expecting to do another check up, she looked at me and I looked back.

Nurse: Your awake!

She ran out of the room a few more doctors came with some equipment and stuff and started doing checks on me. After a bit I was more relaxed on the bed and the door opened and the curtains were moved to reveal my little sister and mother standing there nearly in tears. When I saw them my eyes widened and I started to cry while they came over and started hugging me.

Y/N: Thank god this isn't a dream. I really am here with you two.

Sakura: We are just happy that your awake Y/N. Thats all that matters now.

Mom: I think you should take a break from video games for a bit.

I laughed at the joke she made though that was quickly replaced by that of sadness.

Sakura: What's wrong big brother?

Y/N: Well this reunion is very nice, but I realized that in the game. I made friends and had a daughter that I'll never be able to see again.

Mom: I'm sure you'll find them and be able to explain everything to them.

I wasn't sure about that. I assume they think I'm dead after my fight with Kayaba to end the game. I was brought out of my thoughts when the rooms door opened and a fairly young lady came in and introduced herself.

??: Sorry to interrupt but is the Y/N L/N's room?

Y/N: Yes it is.

??: My name is Sara, and I was your fathers assistant since until his passing years ago I had no one else. Now that I learned he had a son I who was trapped in the SAO incident, I wanted to repay any debts to him by assisting you.

Y/N: There is something you could do for me.

Sara: What would that be sir?

Y/N: Please Y/N is fine, I would like for you to investigate some of the SAO players names for me. Kirito, Asuna, Aleyla, Rin, Agil, and Klein. I do not know their real names but I want to watch over them, but I can't do that if I don't know where they are.

Sara: Of course I'll look into that, I will let you know if I find something.

She left, leaving me and my family.

Y/N: Mom, Sakura? If it's alright with you I'd like to go back to sleep for a bit.

Mom: Of course Y/N, lets go Sakura.

Sakura: Bye brother.

Y/N: See you later sister.

I laid down and went back to sleep after a long day of check ups and other things.

--1-Week-Later--

I was eating lunch that the hospital provided for me when I heard the door open and a man with a suit walked in.

??: Hello, are you U/N, The Phoenix Swordsman.

I finished my food and wiped my mouth with a napkin.

Y/N: I was. But not anymore, U/N died fighting to clear the game.

??: Thats what Kirito said, well he goes by Kazuto Kirigaya in this world.

Y/N: So they do think I'm dead.