The End of the World

*Clash*

*Clang*

* S H A T T E R *

The constant screeching of the boss and the sounds of swords striking it were the only things I could hear, this battle has been going on for nearly an hour and a half. Not only that but some of the players around me were killed even though the boss was focusing it's attack on the KoB members in the front. I noticed we were close to victory and Heathcliff called the final charge.

Heathcliff: Everyone attack.

Simultaneously we all attacked at the boss not stopping until the thing was completely dead. The boss screeched one final time and dispersed into pixelated data.

We won.

The arena turned back to normal and the majority of the players present fell down to the floor in exhaustion. I looked around as I pulled out a health potion and brought my HP just above yellow.

Klein: How many did we lose?

Kirito pulled his map out and started counting the players that were still alive out of how many we had total.

Kirito: 12 of us died.

Agil: Oh my god.

When the other player heard him that started quietly conversating and gasping.

Klein: And we still got 25 floor left to go.

Agil: 25 floors. Man how are we going to make it that far?

I sigh and keep looking at the other players. amongst them the one who stood out was Heathcliff, acting as if this boss fight never happened. His health was still above yellow even though himself and others were taking all of the agro from the boss. I take a deep breath and grab one of my swords from the ground and ran at Heathcliff who wasn't expecting an attack from someone. He didn't have enough time to react to my move and a invisible force prevented me from harming Heathcliff. An immortal object icon appeared above his head and Kirito, Asuna, and Aleyla came running over to me.

Asuna: U/N, what are you doing?

She stops and also looks at the purple icon as does everyone else, then it disappeared.

Asuna: An immortal object. Commander Heathcliff what's going on?

U/N: Allow me to explain, you see the reason Commander Heathcliff's HP never drop to yellow is because he's being protected by the system. I'm been talking with Kirito about this for awhile, I always question myself, where is he hiding while he sits there watching us while he can also control the game world? I think the answer to that is pretty simple. It's simple psychology, in fact its so simple that every kid would know. It's so boring watching someone else to play an RPG. Is there Akihiko Kayaba?

Everyone gasped at the mention of the name of the one who trapped us here for two years.

Heathcliff: Just for curiosity sake, would you mind telling me how you figured it out?

U/N: Well the first time I suspected something was with your fight with Kirito. To everyone else it may have just been some maneuver but to me. That move was way too fast.

Heathcliff: Yes I thought that you might have seen that. I'm pretty sure that didn't go unnoticed by Kirito either. He was very strong and fast I had no choice but to engage the systems assist mode.

He looks around to the players who are just a little bit one edge right now.

Heathcliff: Yes, I am Akihiko Kayaba. And now that my identity is known it should come as no surprise that I am the boss on the final floor.