Barbatos x Dead/Human!Reader

Start from the beginning

" That does sound amazing." I said. " I know right. Oh I'm Y/N by the way." He/She said. " I'm Barbatos. A pleasure to meet you Y/N." I said. We shook hands. Y/N's hand felt so warm. " I have something to ask you. Can you help me find my way back to the hotel. I got lost and have no idea where to go." I said.

" Of course. For a price." Y/N said. " How much are we talking?" I asked. Y/N shook his/her head.
" I don't require money. Instead, how about you meet me on the roof of the school at 8:50pm." Y/N said. " Only if you show me how to get back first." I said. " Done." Y/N said. Y/N stayed true to his/her word and took me back to my hotel. Later that evening, I met Y/N on the roof of the high school.

He/She was in a yutaka/kimono ( yutaka if you're a boy and kimono if you're a girl ).
" I didn't think you'd show." Y/N said. " What are we doing up here?" I asked. " I wanted to show you something." He/She said. " What?" I asked. " This." Y/N said. She pointed over the balcony and a huge firework exploded in the sky. It was beautiful.

" This is the best place to watch the fireworks. No one is ever up here. I always come up here to watch them during the festival." Y/N said. A couple more exploded in the night sky. " Hey Barbatos, I know we just met but I want you to promise me something." Y/N said. " Promise you what?" I asked. " Let's meet up here every year and watch the fireworks together." Y/N said.

I smiled. " Sure. I'll be glad to watch them with you." I said. Y/N smiled and placed his/her hand on mine. " I'm glad you're my friend." He/She said. " I'm glad you're my friend too Y/N." I said.

Present Day Barbatos' POV

I continued going back and looking at times that Y/N and I spent together. There was the summer after his/her second year of high school, then the New Year's festival, and the festival that we first went to. I spent so much time with Y/N and I'll always treasure those memories.
I took the feather out of my pocket and looked down at it. " I should probably leave before I encounter that moment." I said.

But as I went to leave, I suddenly got a splitting headache. " What the...? This has never happened before." I said. The world started spinning around me. I closed my eyes and concentrated. When I opened them again, the world was back to normal. But I wasn't in my room. Instead, I was in a classroom. The time was 5:30pm. I walked over to a calendar.

The date read April 5th, 1991. " Where am I?" I asked aloud. I then heard the sound of someone ruffling papers together. I walked over to the side of the desk to see Y/N. There were ripped up papers in front of him/her. " Who are you?" Y/N asked with a shaky voice. I was surprised the didn't recognize me.

" Hang on. I met Y/N in 1992 when he/she was sixteen. This must be a Y/N I don't know." I thought. I looked at Y/N some more and noticed that his/her arms were covered in cuts and bruises. His/Her face had a bandage on it. I knelt down by his/her side and looked at his/her arm.

" You're all cut up." I said. I looked at Y/N's face to notice tears in his/her eyes. " And you're crying." I said. Y/N wiped the tears away from his/her eyes and pulled their arm away. " I got to go." Y/N said. He/She ran towards the door. " Wait! Don't go! I can't lose you again." I said. The headache returned and the world became distorted again. I clutched the feather close. " I can't lose him/her again." I said. I blacked out.

Time skip...

I slowly opened my eyes to reveal the ceiling of my room. I sat up and held my head. " You're awake." I heard someone say. I turned to see the young master. " Young master? What are you doing here? What happened?" I asked.

" I returned from the beach and couldn't find you anywhere. I decided to check your room. When I entered, I saw you on the floor squirming. It looked like you were in pain. I tried snapping you out of it but nothing worked. I called up the doctor and he took a look at you. He said that you over exerted yourself with your powers and ended up passing out because of it." The young master said.