He wrapped his arms around her shaking form, cutting her off mid-sentence and she fell silent. Only her labored breathing poured out from her lips and she stayed still for a long time, clutching onto his jacket. When she had calmed down a bit, she quickly pulled back and stood up straight, her expression rearranging to that of importance.

"Mr. Jeon, it was Y. They..." she wet her lips before she spoke again, "They left a body in my living room."

Jungkook's eyes widened in horror and he asked the question that dreadingly came to his mind, "Is it... Mr. Min?"

"No! Thank God, no. Yoongi's in Daegu. I don't know who that is. He's been dead for a while." Heiran reported her jaw set. Though she pretended to be fine, her clenched fists revealed her inner turmoil. Jungkook took a deep breath and nodded his head, "Did you call the police?"

"Not yet. I'm going to call them now." Heiran replied, ending her call with him that was still on call on her phone. Jungkook turned to her apartment and eyed the door that obstructed the horrible scene he'd find just beyond. From the outside, everything looked so fine. So normal.

He made for the door, "I'm going to take a look—"

"NO!" He felt her hand grasp his wrist in a firm hold. When he turned to her, she pursed her lips, concern defining her features. "The body. It's...hanging."

Jungkook felt a sinking feeling as he felt his senses go numb. Hanging. One word. That was all it took to send the world spinning in his vision but he shook his head, pushing back all the memories that threatened to resurface and anchored himself to reality. He didn't know how Heiran had figured out his fear of hanging corpses but he was grateful for her warning, for her concern even as she subtly shook from the shock.

"I'll be fine," Jungkook said with conviction more to himself. She looked worried but he dismissed it with a shake of his head and pushed open the partially shut door.

The city police arrived at the scene shortly after and Heiran stood watching as the officers swarmed her home, one by one as they collected the evidence and preserved the scene. Even Dohyeok reached there after a while and the shock on his face did nothing to make Heiran feel any better about the situation. Only her partner's hand gently patting her on the back in evenly timed intervals reigned her into reality. She bit down on her thumb as Dohyeok's statement on what he had gathered from the officers ran through her mind. "No one was caught on the CCTV. How can that be? How did they even get inside?"

"Heiran."

"It's impossible. How did they do that? There are CCTV cameras everywhere. This is the Republic of Korea for god's sake! Why did none of them capture anything?"

"Heiran, hey–"

"Do they have superpowers or something? It's impossible. How did they get inside my home? My door's password is safe, it's not my birthday, only Yoongi knows it but Yoongi wouldn't share it with anyone—"

"Ahn Heiran, get a hold of yourself." Heiran snapped back to the real world at his firm command. The officer in charge at the scene walked up to them with an air of doubt. Giving a nod of greeting to Jungkook, he turned to Heiran, "Prosecutor Ahn Heiran and Prosecutor Jeon Jungkook?"

Heiran gathered her senses and nodded back with Jungkook.

"Now, I hope you don't take this the wrong way but it's a part of our standard procedure." The officer began and Jungkook caught the hint and nodded in encouragement.