How it all started.

Today was a long day of night school for an esper, and he seemed puckered out. Serizawa's mind instantly switched to his boss, who he blew off again for learning. Surely, surely he'd be okay, right?

Pulling out his phone, the adult decided he should call up and see how the job was handling. Reigen could fend for himself, sure, but the newest client had such an interesting story that Serizawa followed. On the third ring, the blonde finally picked up with haste.

"Uhmmm, uhm, sorry but.. I'm busy!" A loud giggle came from behind the phone, and the man shushed him. The other person grumbled, making inconrehensible noises and gurgles.

A smile went over the esper's face, his shoulders relaxing. "Oh? With the case? Well, I shouldn't rush you then.."

No response, so Serizawa was about to hang up... then a small whisper came in.

"Yeah. No, I couldn't go. I turned down the money... my hands are tied.."

Now curious, the black haired esper had nothing else to do, perhaps he could help? "I can come over if you want... two could help the client."

A groan came from the other side, then more whines from the other person. Eventually Reigen spoke up, "I'm too busy to even touch the case, kay? You might get less pay, by the- Hey- no! What ARE YOU- HOLY SHIII-"

The phone hung up after a loud crash and laughter from the line, leaving Serizawa worried. What would be so shocking and important to turn down a case? And especially, why didn't he say goodbye on the call?!

Making up his mind, the esper ruffled his hair and stood, rushing out the door in his pajamas. He's been to Reigen's apartment before, so he wouldn't mind running the way. Especially for emergencies.

Currently, the conman was at a loss at this tiny esper baby, who was lifting up a couch with his finger and wagging it like a toy. Reigen tried to stop him, but eventually got lifted up himself. Now the child was smiling, despite the emotionless stare at the welcoming matt.

Reigen froze once he heard the door knock, and screamed "COME IN!"

Serizawa bursted in, seeing the mess of floating objects and a tiny.. black bowl cut baby who kept on mumbling "Mobu".

That way changed everything, especially Reigen's wallet.