Chapter 29- Escape

Aria

I wake up in my bed furious with Steve and Tony. How could they do this to me? How could they inject me with something, especially after everything Hydra put me through?

When I dropped to the ground, the only thing that was running through my mind was how similar the situation was to when I had a serum injected into me by Hydra. It's a good thing that they were going to one of the bases because they would fit in perfectly.

I got out of bed, furious with everyone involved, and decided that I was going one way or another. Still in the clothes I was planning to wear, I grabbed my packed bag and went straight for the door.

I placed my hand on the handle and pulled. Only when I pulled, the door wasn't moving with my hand. Instead, it was stuck in its place, meaning that my door had been locked, and I had a pretty good idea of just who locked it.

"Screw you, Tony!" I screamed, knowing that he wouldn't be hearing me since he probably left. I banged as hard as I could, hoping that at least one person was left behind. I was praying that someone was left to keep an eye on me, and knowing Tony, someone probably was.

"Let me out!" I yelled, still not hearing anyone coming. "Anybody! Please!"

It wasn't long before my ears picked up on some footsteps walking in the hallway. I banged on the door harder, not letting this opportunity go to waste. The door clicked, signaling that it had been unlocked, and it started to open. I stepped away to give space to whoever my savior was.

Standing on the other side of my door was Bucky. I hadn't talked to him much since he had seen me lose it a couple of times, and quite honestly, I was embarrassed. I know that we went through so much together, but I was having a mental breakdown after a mental breakdown, while he was all silent and observing.

We stood on opposite sides of the doorway, staring at each other and waiting for the other to say something, but neither of us did. It was like we were terrified that whatever we were going to say would be the wrong thing. It seemed wrong to be like this with someone that you shared so much with.

Desperate to avoid the awkward tension between the two of us, I tried to shove my way out of the doorway to try and find some sort of jet that would take me to the base that was probably being infiltrated at the moment. Before I could go anywhere, I was grabbed by my shoulders, forcing my body to stay in place.

"You aren't going anywhere," Bucky said. I must have been looking at him like he was crazy because I couldn't believe that he was telling me what I was going to do. It gave me flashbacks to when we were in the awful place, called Hydra, together. I knew he always had a reason for the things that he did and said, but he never told me the reasons for doing so, making me angry that he was doing them in the first place.

"Move out of the way, Bucky," I warned, fully prepared to turn my anger into something else. I wasn't totally sure how my powers worked, but I was hoping that now would be one of those times where they would randomly show up.

"You won't get anywhere, the building is on lockdown until the team returns," he says, stopping me in my tracks, not that I really had been moving anywhere. Of course, Tony put the compound on lockdown. All of these things were just reinforcing how much I really didn't like him right now.

Feeling the hatred running through my veins, I push past Bucky and make my way toward the gym. It was either hit a bag or hit Bucky, and as much as I wanted to fight something that would fight back, I figured that it probably wasn't the best idea to fight Bucky.

I could hear the heavy footsteps of my one partner behind me, but I kept moving along; my anger being the moving thing in my body. I tried to focus on getting there because I could already feel myself starting to lose control. I felt like someone was taking over my mind, but I pushed all thoughts of that to the back of my head. I was sick of being everyone's puppet.