Chapter 6- Now What?

All I could do was stare at the open case. How could this happen? How could we possibly get tricked like this? How could we have this much bad luck? We were going to be in so much trouble. Shit, I hadn't even thought about that. What were they going to do to us?

Suddenly my chest felt like it was closing in on me and my body felt like it was being put on fire. I was definitely freaking out, but I needed to calm down. If we were going to figure this out, then I had to calm myself down. "What are we going to do now?" I asked.

"We are going to go to sleep, Then, we will tell the higher-ups what happened in the morning?" he answered.

"Oh, God, we are going to be in so much trouble," I muttered on the verge of tears.

"There's no use in worrying about it now."

I wanted to scream at him that I knew that, but getting in another fight with Winter was the last thing that I needed right now. I was freaking out, and that comment wasn't helping. I knew there was no use in worrying, but what else was I supposed to do. Hydra is the kind of organization that kills people for not finishing the job. We let them down, we didn't finish the job, so we were probably going to be killed for it. If we weren't killed, then we were going to wish we had been.

I walked into the bedroom, and as much as I wanted to slam the door in his face, I let Winter walk in behind me before I shut the door. I immediately grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom to start taking everything off of me and change into more comfortable clothes.

I looked at myself in the mirror, at all of the cuts that I was going to have to clean up, the lost hope in my eyes, at the girl with the tortured body. There, in the mirror, stood a little girl who had her entire life ripped away from her. A girl made into a killer.

I grabbed the cleaning supplies and bandages from the cabinets underneath the sink. I started to clean up the broken glass from my hands. It didn't hurt too bad, but it hurt enough to make me wince. After bandaging up my left hand, I began to clean up my right hand. It was much more difficult for obvious reasons, but feeling my pulse in my hands was definitely not helping. I gave up after a while and decided to just deal with the crappy bandages.

After changing and cleaning up my injuries, I brushed out my hair and started to take my makeup off. As I wiped away the fakeness, I saw a scar on my face. I then looked to my shoulder where another scar was. I could feel my eyes starting to well up, and my throat starting to close in. I didn't want to cry, that was the last thing I wanted, but the more I tried to stop it the more it was becoming unavoidable.

I fell to my knees, and just let the tears pour out of my eyes. I put my face into my elbow to try to muffle the sobs, but it wasn't much use. Winter probably thought of me as weak, but I didn't care anymore. I had to try to be quiet, though, because I didn't want any of the microphones in the bedroom to pick up on any of my sobs.

How did this even happen? How did I get stuck in this bad organization, with these powers that I didn't even know how to use? None of it made sense. Did my parents not love me as a kid? Did I do something bad to Hydra to get in here? There was no way that I willingly let them take me.

Clearly, I wasn't being as careful as I thought about my sobs because Winter came in and told me to be quieter. I looked up at him with what must have been tear-stained cheeks and nodded my head to show him that I understood. He was about to shut the door and leave, but he looked up at the ceiling and heaved a heavy sigh, almost like it was a burden to even be near me. He walked back into the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

"Look," he said, "Hydra is definitely going to punish us for this one, I'm not going to lie to you about that, but they won't kill us. We are too important to them."