The Part Where A Dragon Teaches Gem In The Nether

A/N
I invented a story clipping from when Gem's heart gets frozen and tossed her with Shrub in the Nether, but I think it wrote her origin story by accident.
That is, until it deteriorates into nonsensical nonsense.
Parts I wrote are in italics. Have fun.
___________________________________________________

Gem shivered as she journeyed through the Nether in search of Shrub. The vivid-haired wizard was always cold, the cold seeped into her bones and made her weary but unable to sleep. Though she walked past lava and among fires, she barely felt their heat, which seared at her skin but left her core untouched.

Eventually, Gem found Shrub sitting in a depression in a red hill, reflected flames dancing in the gnome's sunshine eyes. Her small frame was folded over itself, but she perked up as soon as she saw her friend. Gem stepped forward and embraced the gnome with all her strength. "I wish I could come with you, but I can't," she cried. "I'm going to stay right here, and that's the best thing for me. I love you so much."

Shrub wrapped her arms around Gem's small frame and held on tight. "I'll be waiting for you," she said. "Don't forget. And know that I love you, too."

The dragon dipped and soared back to the top of the mountain, growling and spewing flame and heat as it ascended. It finally settled back down at its former perch. On a small, dark figure on a precipice at the summit, the dragon rumbled its discontent and caused a violent upheaval on the rocks.

When they descended the other side, a white dragon appeared in the distance, the first sign of hope. As the dragon approached, it soared overhead. It was the only thing on the mountain without eyes, and the few flames that lit its surface were the only source of light.

A huge, flaming eye was the crest of its head and surrounded by thick hair that flowed into a wide, flowing mane. The dragon's eyes met hers and swirled lazily in the air.

"Gem!" Shrub yelled down to her. "I thought I'd never see you again!"

"I'm sorry, I-" she began, but the dragon's flame engulfed her words. The air was soon filled with a warm glow as the tiny wanderer turned to face the monster in her place. The dragon kept up its silent smile, becoming more and more animated as its mane swelled and flowed in waves of flame.

Then, she spoke. "How are we doing on water? Anything?"

The dragon, still full of light and life, nodded. "Well, we've got a ways to go," it said. "First we have to cross over to where it was, the west side of the mountain. But I have to leave you for a moment. Be very careful. Stay close to the edge and keep your senses sharp."

Gem nodded and leaned over the edge of the mountain, fighting her urges to jump into the water below. The dragon flew down, and once she was on its back, it soared into the air once more, seemingly coming down right into the water. It spiraled down, then made a sharp right into the abyss.

Gem nearly screamed. Water! She swam as fast as she could to stay upright, trying to keep the dragon close by. She felt the pull of gravity pull at her and panic flared up within her.

"Steady, steady," the dragon said, gliding smoothly to the surface. "Let's swim to where I just came from. We can use this for a while."

They rose and dove, then sped off into the lake, where the surface was less disturbed by rocks and rising waters. Eventually, the dragon finally submerged and stopped swimming. It seemed to crouch in the water, its claws digging into the surface and its tail thrashing in an attempt to propel the two of them along.

"It's going to feel strange, so be prepared," it said. "I'm going to put us on a zipline, to take us right across to the other side."

Gem nodded and put her head down, her face slowly rising to meet the purple-colored scales that covered its back.