Chapter 18: His Mother Back

Start from the beginning

His fist collides with my face, making me take a few steps back. Trying to regain my balance he does it again and my head starts spinning. I put my hands up trying to defend myself but this time I got a blow to the stomach. I fall to the floor clenching it coughing feeling my lungs closing up. "Not one to speak now" Marco holds a tight grip on my throat lifting me up putting my body against the wall.

"It wasn't me" I managed to croak out the feeling of his ring implanting on my face makes my wince in pain. "Dante is so in love with you. I don't like to share what's mine is mine" My body feels weak no matter how hard I try to fight it's not enough.

With a grip tightly on my throat he checks to see if Dante is still here. He left his car and his room is empty. Dante left when he knew what was going to happen. Marco breaks a glass vase against my head. I feel the blood trickling down my face. My body is covered in blood from my nose and head god knows where else.

Marco holds my throat again lifting me from the floor.

"If I can't have you no one can"

He throws my body down the stairs. I hit my head hard on the railing before my body shuts off sending me into a deep sleep.

Lucky's pov

Sitting in the back of Dante's car I have a bad feeling in my stomach. I can tell Mia does too because she won't stop fidgeting with her fingers. "Mia your giving me fucking anxitey can you stop" Leo says she flips him off. "I wonder how the fuck you guys are twins" Adrinao tells them grabbing Mia's hand trying to calm her down. She sinks into his side letting out a deep breath.

"Can we get food? I'm hungry" Leo says everyone just looks at him with an 'are you serious' expression. Enzo slaps him in the back of the head Leo groans rubbing. "Fucking doctors I swear" I shake my head looking at my phone.

When I left Gio and Luci were playing in the pool with Gabriele, Damiano, Rico, and Eremes. Santo and Rory were there watching them while Bianca was at work and Emma's out of town. "There should be food in the house. I think Athena made a lot" Dante says, parking the car in the garage. We get out tension building in the air.

Somethings not right

Dante goes inside first leading us to the living room. He sets an alarm letting him know when Marco is getting close to the property. Dante is the first to leave the living room his eyes widened rushing. We all follow him, seeing the worst sight.

Athena lays on the floor at the start of the stairs, blood coming out of her nose and her head. Bruises are all over her body, the imprint of rings all over her face. Marco fucking beat her. Vincenzo rushes to her trying to see if she has a pulse. "We have a doctor, I'll call him," Dante says, taking out his phone. I feel frozen just looking at her unconscious body laying there.

4 people rush in from the back all with medical equipment. Enzo lifts her up and they bring her upstairs. We all follow as the other doctors set up equipment to start scannings. I watch as they start applying pressure on the side of her head and her nose to stop the bleeding. "Lucky she's going to be okay right?" Mia asks with tears in her eyes. "Come on Mia we'll wait downstairs" Adriano holds her hand bringing her downstairs Leo follows them closing the door.

After half an hour they finally stop disconnecting everything. "She'll be alright, she has a concussion. She should be better in about two weeks. If she is complaining about a headache, spotty vision, Bothered by light or noise. Balance problems or dizziness, or double or blurry vision. Nausea or vomiting. Call us and take her to the hospital. We'll run her for internal bleeding for now she's fine" The doctors say packing up their things and leaving.

Enzo says he'll wait downstairs leaving the room with a distressed look on his face. "Stay with her Lucky. I'll go over everything with Leo, Mia and Enzo. We'll do it another day" I nod sitting on the edge of the bed holding her hand. Dante leaves, closing the door. I look at my love laying in pain. I kiss the palm of her hand feeling my heart starting to get rid of the darkness it has.

I watch over her for at least an hour before I notice her starting to move around in pain. "Hey hey hey it's alright my love. You're alright, stay laying down, do you want water?" She squints her eyes looking at me weirdly. She nods and I help her drink some. Athena can barely keep her eyes open "I don't want to wake up from my dream. I like this world where someone cares" She mumbles holding my hand tighter.

Her eyes close again but this time she cuddles into my side. She thinks everything that just happened was a dream. I know I shouldn't be hurt because she's half asleep. I just wished she knew it was real. That i'm still here waiting for her to come back home.

She'll always have a home to come back to. No doubt the second she goes through that door the house will light up again. The dogs will be happy she's back. Santo will finally let his guard go. Rory will be happy she's back. Luciano gets his mother back. Giovanni will never let her go after that. I'll get my medicine back.

Athena's always been the cure to everything. Looking at her sleeping body I place a kiss on her forehead brushing her hair out of her face.

"I promise i'll get you out of this hell soon"

---------------

Hey guys

I'm crying with you guys

  Q/A~ Do you think Athena will remember her encounter with Lucky right now ?

1787 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3