44. Talent

Lyon decided to go to work after resting for two days. And work meant he was going to hunt some animals, trade berries, get water from the nearby stream, etc. He avoided the territories of some aggressive Pokémon and arrived at the destination. He traded with the sunshine cutie group of Cherrim. Their berries were of the highest quality around here. On the way back to their base, Lyon inquired his Pokémon about the Spatial Ring.

-So how did you take the pendant without me knowing?

Lyon had been training for a while and now his senses were heightened. He also learned to control different energies like Aura, Psychic,... He intended to experience himself so he could have a better view of how to train his Pokémon. And as he trained, he became stronger. Not very much though. He was about the same as a Caterpie maybe. At least he could protect himself in some situations.

So he was interested in how his Pokémon secretly took the pendant. Even if he was asleep, he would have noticed the lingering energy after he woke up. Lyon ruled out Riolu because Aura resonated with each other as the essence of every living creature so he would feel it immediately and woke up. There's a slim chance Riolu developed a new skill that could hide Aura which he didn't think was possible unless Riolu evolved into Lucario. So that left Espurr and Kirlia.

Listened to the unexpected inquiry, Kirlia slightly turned his head and looked back at Espurr. Lyon then understood it was this oblivious cat that led the corps.

-Can you tell me how you do that?

Lyon slightly tilted his head as he questioned. There's absolutely no response from the oblivious cat though. Lyon was used to Espurr's slow reaction so he patiently waited for an answer. As expected, after some seconds Espurr raised his left hand and a pink cube appeared under. Lyon leaned in to have a closer look but for a moment, he couldn't figure out what this was.

-This is... Trick Room? No. Not Wonder Room or Magic Room either. What is it?

Because Espurr was efficient at using these three moves, Lyon had guessed they somehow related. But now even when he stared hard at the pink cube, he still didn't know what it was. Lyon once told Espurr to try using the three Room moves consecutively, simultaneously, or just mix it all up to see if there were any different reactions. Well, anyone was allowed to have a dream, right? But the result was nothing. Although they all had the word 'room' on their names, their effects were separated. And here he had thought Espurr might gain a new skill.

The pink cube disintegrated after half a minute. Espurr couldn't maintain it for long. Now Lyon was totally fascinated with this new skill and intensely stared at Espurr's hand.

-Hey, again. Can you do that again, please?

Espurr reconstructed another pink cube but this time it only lasted briefly. "So this skill must be very advanced otherwise Espurr who had the overwhelming Psychic talent wouldn't only be able to barely keep it up." Lyon frowned as he tried to guess what it was but got no clue. Only after listening to Espurr's explanation, Lyon felt like he suddenly saw the light.

He wasn't entirely wrong. The new skill Espurr developed did base on Trick Room, Wonder Room, and Magic Room but it wasn't a product of the three moves variation. Imagined that the three moves were created from spatial magic and Espurr could automatically use the three moves without any knowledge about spatial magic. So what Espurr did was tracing back to the origin and learnt to control space itself. It was like he clumsily started a basic course after getting an advanced skill.

Lyon stopped thinking there because his head was kind of hurt from overloading. What Espurr did was illogical because he remembered the Pokémon had the ability to control space definitely named Palkia. Yes, that was the name. Although Espurr was only able to prevent psychic energy from leaking out of a cube that had an edge length of 2 inches, it still was a skill to control space. He absolutely didn't want to be chased to the death by a Legendary Pokémon.

Lyon shivered from that thought. "Should I stop Espurr from practicing this? It's like dancing on the edge of the Scythe of Death." He contemplated what he should do in the future. Then he recalled aside from Arceus, there were others that could affect space like Dialga, Giratina, Hoopa, the Cosmog family... and at a lower scale, there were also a whole lot of others. It seemed he was just scaring himself. As long as Espurr wouldn't do anything like alter space at a large scale similar to Palkia, it should be okay.

Lyon laughed at himself for being conceited there. Espurr, even with that tiny talent of controlling space, would only be an ant in front of Palkia's eyes.

-Who do you think you are? Ha ha ha...

Lyon was singing and laughing. He felt like he was in a state of euphoria. Lyon had once guessed Espurr had a slow reaction because he couldn't handle the psychic energy overflowing. As long as Espurr had complete control over his power, there would be great potential to develop further. But Lyon had never thought it would be this great.

In terms of talent alone, Beautifly and Deerling were the lowest. Happiny only had some talent in healing and status moves. Well, Lyon didn't intend to let her fight anyway. Riolu and Trapinch would be the middle. Minccino, Togepi, Kirlia, and Zangoose would be the higher lot. And finally, Eevee, Espurr, and Dratini would be among the best. Oh, right. Lyon couldn't determine Honedge's talent as he had never been awake.

Anyway, talent wasn't the definite factor to determine their full development. Still, he should know them properly to manage their training more efficiently. As Lyon walked halfway back thinking so, suddenly his sleeve was pulled by Celebi. He was led to an unknown route before he realized what just happened.

A/N: 💖click the external link below to support 💖