Brevispluvia & The Eight Idiots of The Sky

"L-Luxnubes!" Bellusnix ran towards the cloud controller's door, her gauzy draperies trailing behind her like a fleecy cloud of glistening mist, "We need you, oh, mercy! There's a bunch of captives, and they need to be put under mist cakes!"

The door immediately swung open, Luxnubes stepping out with a huge smirk on his face and a silver plate of mist cakes in his hands.

"On it!" Luxnubes bounded towards Bellusnix's room.

Brevispluvia, who was inside and tending to the captives, heard Luxnubes coming and suspected he was delivering mist cakes. Fearing that she'd lose another handful of lives, Brevispluvia immediately rushed to the door to lean against it.

"Don't eat the cakes--j-just pretend to! Please, I can't lose more humans--"

Brevispluvia was flung from her hold on the door, landing flat on the floor as Luxnubes ran inside.

"Jeepers! Sorry, Brevispluvia!"

"Can it."

Luxnubes then set his plate down on the frost-coated glass table in the center of the room, and everyone lurched forward to grab a cake.

Brevispluvia held her breath as she watched the famished captives devour the little lumps of clouds. All except a grey hooded man, who instead squashed the cake into a smaller, more compacted, ball in which he stuff inside his hood pocket.

Smart human, she thought.

Very smart.

"Okay, well. I believe everyone here is very full and hydrated. I'll lead the first captive to their room." Brevispluvia pointed at the smart human, "You! Come with me, I'll lead you to your room."

~

Toast was led to a chamber smaller than the one he was held captive in. This room had no windows, exotic furniture, or food. After about twenty minutes in the cell, the effect of the mist cakes had worn away, and he was again conscious.

Memories of his time in the High Court ran uncontrollably in his mind.

Yeah, he was going to die.

Most of what he'd said were slurred, muttered, or not even words at all. Just uncontrolled screaming.

He recalled Potenlux's stern face, bold and unyielding to any changes of expression. Though every so often, he'd see some sort of glint in his eyes, like he knew what would happen, like he'd gone through this process several times before. Like he was bored of it.

A clang of iron rang from the barred door, introducing the tall stature of Potenfulgur, Lord of Lightning.

"I have been summoned to your chamber to execute the death sentence. Now, allow me to restrain you to this chair whilst I carry out my duty."

~

Brevispluvia led Ghost one door to the left of Bellusnix's room, to a door with a water drop engraved into it.

"This is my room? No jail cell, no blood, no nothing? Just a door like any other one--"

"Shush! Oh, great, just be quiet, will you? I'm not supposed to do this, you'll thank me soon." Brevispluvia held her finger against her lips, which she sealed tightly shut until they turned white.

"Now, hurry. Get in here. Hide in the walk-in closet. I've set up a table and chairs if you push through the west wall's clothes, I've also set up water. But never, ever eat that mist cake in your pocket. Now, go! Go!"

Brevispluvia pushed the human into the closet, closing and locking the door, stuffing the key in her slipper, tucking it between the edge of the shoe and her ankle.

"Now, to get those others to their cells."

~

Ghost looked around the closet, spotting various women's clothing. To his right, he saw dresses. Lots of them. Directly in from of him, Ghost saw leggings.

Oh no..

To his right, which was the wall Brevispluvia instructed him to go into, hung several rows of women's underclothing.

Oh no..

Oh no..

Ghost closed his eyes, reaching forward through the lacy pieces of clothing. Ghost's hand came in contact with a wooden door knob, which he quickly turned and bounded into.

Inside the mysterious door was a blank room with a crude wooden table and three chairs, as well as rectangles hollowed out in the middle and filled with water.

Ghost looked back the door, which was now closed shut. A bit shaken at what he was forced to walk through, Ghost sat at one of the small wooden chairs, sipping in small quantities off the water.

Brevispluvia had obviously put the secret room behind her feminine garments because no one would check behind here unless they knew where it was or if they were a creep. Not even the housekeeping maids (if she had any) would look so intimately.

Ghost nodded, contemplating her cleverness.

The water was magnificent, as it tasted of fresh spring water, and not the boring tap water Ghost would usually get at his shaggy apartment. Shameful, however, that they were contained in such a manner fit for a beaver family.

After a few minutes passed, Ghost had emptied all of the three cups set up around the table, and ended up with nothing to do other than licking the cups dry. Once all that could be done in the small room was completed and worn to boredom, Ghost decided to step out of the room for some air.

Upon his return, he found all three cups filled to the brim with water.

"Witchcraft!" Ghost whispered, "that I actually like!"

~

His death was horrifying. Luxnubes had come into the cell to make thunderclouds for Potenfulgur, who struck Toast with a bolt of white lightning.

The last living sensation he felt was burning.

~

Brevispluvia heard the sound of Potenfulgur's lightning bolts taking effect on the captive's flesh. The smell, oh, the terribly scarring smell, so similar to burnt cauliflower that it was disgusting.

Another live that Brevispluvia could not save.

The thought plagued her for a moment, before the bitter-sweet memory of her saving that hooded human swept that notion away.

Upon entering Bellusnix's room, Luxnubes swept past her, bounding in the doorway.

"Brevispluvia! Great, we can carry out..." He lowered his voice as to not alarm the captives in the same room, "execution. I'll be waiting for you in cell 4G."

"Who's the first-" Brevispluvia stopped herself, as she should've already 'killed' the hooded man, "second victim?"

"Oh, no worries. I've already got them there. They've already faced the High Court and Father's already carried out the orders. He's allowed you one execution job since you objected last time."

"Oh. That's great."

((I can already hear you hating me. Srsly guize.))